Bourques's Seasoning - Anybody ever use it?

Started by Rckcrwlr, August 13, 2011, 10:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

I was at my butcher today and he handed me a bag of this rub.  He said that he got it off a guy from Louisiana to try.  The guy says he uses it on Brisket.

I tasted it and it seems like a nice blend with a little heat.

KyNola

I've never used it but you certainly have my attention.  I'm betting Displaced Coonass or Ronbeaux can tell you more about it.

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

It's Cajun Certified.

Not too far from Carencro.

I use to live there in Carencro.

KyNola

Rckcrwlr

It has some great flavor.  I will try to get more info on it.

It's going on some brisket that is hitting the smoker tomorrow night... 

classicrockgriller

How did that spice make it all the way up North?

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 13, 2011, 06:44:09 PM
How did that spice make it all the way up North?

The way I heard it was this Gallon Jug of Spice hitched a ride up to meet NePas and found out once here that he is now in Georgia...  He always fancied the Batman Movies and heard through the "spice" channel that they were filming the new one in Pittsburgh.  He did a little rerouting and detoured to SW Pa.  He stopped at this friendly butcher being that he smelt some Andoulle and Chorizo being smoked. 

Exit stage left is Rckcrwlr coming in for is weekly "inspiration tour"...ahhh, 7.5 lb Brisket, Ohhhh, St Louis Ribs...Hey, who's the new guy in town.  With his Louisiana  accent he told me his story about his adventure and asked if I could take him to see the filming of Batman.  How could I refuse, after all the trials and tribulations this pour Spice went through, just to see Nepas.

Here's a picture...we had such a great time...

Not sure if you can see him but I got him there just when the Batmobile was turning to go down a "snow" covered street in the middle of August.  He's in the bottom right corner next to the guy with the Bermuda shorts...can't miss him, he's the one waving.  LOL

classicrockgriller

Rckcrwlr