1st try at Muebe Nuggets

Started by KyNola, August 13, 2011, 12:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

About 4.5 pounds of beef nuggets, a bottle of Soy Vay Teriyaki, 1 1/2 tsps of cayenne and about a 1/2 tsp of Soileau's and a scant tsp of Cure #1 all going for a 40 minute ride in the Reveo.  Because I got started so late, the nuggets will be doing an overnight soak in the frig.  Tomorrow morning it will have a 2 hour hickory run in the Bradley and then off to the Excalibur.

Oh, forgot one thing.  The Reveo running for 40 minutes sucked all but about 4 tbsps of the marinade into the nuggets.

More to come.......

squirtthecat

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

KyNola

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

SamuelG

Hey Muebe is there a cure!!!

The more I make, the more I want.

Thank you

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

DTAggie

The Reveo sucks that much marinade into the meat?  I need one.  How much are they?

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

Wakey Wakey, Time to get up and post pics of them Nuggets ;D ;D ;D

KyNola

Quote from: Keymaster on August 14, 2011, 07:07:52 AM
Wakey Wakey, Time to get up and post pics of them Nuggets ;D ;D ;D
They are in the Bradley now.  Soon to head to the dehydrator.

DTA, I ordered my Reveo online for around $140.00.  Those things work great!

As a side note I think my nuggets are maybe a little larger than they should be.  Thinking this may be a long run in the dehydrator.  For those of that have made these, how big were your nuggets when you started the drying process?

DTAggie

I used beef for stew and cut the larger pieces in half or thirds.  Still pretty big.  Sure you will be fine.

KyNola

Quote from: DTAggie on August 14, 2011, 11:44:36 AM
I used beef for stew and cut the larger pieces in half or thirds.  Still pretty big.  Sure you will be fine.
Exactly what I did.  Thanks for the info DTA.

muebe

You will be looking at a 7 to 8 hour drying time. I usually re-coat at like 6 hours and given them another couple. They look like the right size to me. They will shrink at least by half...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

Thanks muebe.  Right on the money as always. Almost exactly 7 hours and 4 racks turned out like this.

Sorry for the crappy pic but these things are absolutely delicious!  They definitely are not going to last long around here.  Jan has already said "I wish we had bought more meat". :)