Hot Cold Smoking

Started by budsatawny, August 14, 2011, 09:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budsatawny

We smoke cheese all year 'round here in PA!!!
Check out our vids!!
http://www.ustream.tv/user/budsatawny/videos
I believe it was in the 80's that day..May 18th.
We are still smokin to this day!!
All that hoo-ha about "It's gotta be cold out" is a bunch of hooey!
You just gotta control the temp!

muebe

It was 106F outside yesterday where I live. No way I would try cold smoking cheese in my summer weather unless I want cheese wiz...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SamuelG

Just look at my weather station on my desk.... 102! I would need one big block of ice per hour.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

wthr_dude

Same here, I only have one small piece of Pepper Jack left from my last cheese smoke in March.  But there is no way I will attempt doing anymore right now when the average outside temp is higher than what I want the temp to be in the box :( Hurry up winter!!

muebe

Always smoke enough cheese during the winter spring to cover you during the summer ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

porterdriver

Amen to that muebe.  Only problem was that I had no idea how much smoked cheese my clan would down (think I might have to look into stock in a dairy).

We are on day 62 of temperatures here over 100 so far this year.  So I think that I must wait for a while as well.  Wonder if the wife would mind if I brought my BDS into the living room?

grnhs

Quote from: muebe on August 14, 2011, 01:15:40 PM
Always smoke enough cheese during the winter spring to cover you during the summer ;)

I thought of that too late(rookie mistake) and now I have a powerful taste for some smoked cheese so I'm trying to rig up a cold smoke.
Although our temp yesterday am was 43*F
another morning like that I may get it done!

Rckcrwlr

That's why I have my smoker in the garage...I can smoke cheese any day of the week...

Now I need to get a CS adapter...

mikecorn.1

It was 104 in Houston tx today

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

porterdriver

106 in Lufkin. I feel your pain.  Its been so hot for so long, I'm losing my fear of hell.