Turkey Boulder

Started by SamuelG, August 14, 2011, 05:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

I'd hammer that!

Looks like your bark held up good to the strip.  ;D

Tenpoint5

That does look really good!! I may have to look for one of them at the store and give it a whirl myself
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SamuelG

Thanks!

It turned out real good. I will definitely  make more, but I plan to try to get a better price and do probably at least 4 oh them. 

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

squirtthecat

Samuel, if you can find the big turkey boulders (10 pounds), you can get a pretty good price.  And a TON of lunchmeat..

KyNola

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 16, 2011, 07:47:26 AM
Samuel, if you can find the big turkey boulders (10 pounds), you can get a pretty good price.  And a TON of lunchmeat..
Samuel, if there is a GFS or Restaurant Depot near you, they can get the 10 lb boulders for you at a good price or in my case, if you visit STC, he will order you 6 of those boulders at the GFS near him and you can go pick them up! ;)

SamuelG

Ok. I just called the GFS in Miami.  They have ones from perdu @ $3.69/lb are those it?

SamuelG

SamuelG

squirtthecat

Quote from: SamuelG on August 16, 2011, 08:11:05 AM
Ok. I just called the GFS in Miami.  They have ones from perdu @ $3.69/lb are those it?

SamuelG

Yep!

KyNola

Quote from: SamuelG on August 16, 2011, 08:11:05 AM
SamuelG
Bingo!  If they are 10 lbs of solid turkey breast, that's the ones.  It's actually about 3 breasts that are glued together somehow.  Would suggest that even though they are glued together that you run a couple strings around it to hold together so they don't fall apart while cooking.

Sorry Pat, you got there before me.

squirtthecat

Here is the description and the SKU...   210277

KyNola

Pat, did you just hear a WHOOSHING sound coming from Miami?  I think that was Samuel running to the GFS in Miami! ;D

SamuelG

KyNola you have a great ear, that was me!  I drove by today but was not able to stop.  Over the weekend I plan to go back. :)

SamuelG

SamuelG