New flavors on the market.

Started by Toker, August 19, 2011, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi my Bradley retailer just sent me an email announcing me the arrival of 2 new flavors wood on the market. Pacific and Whiskey blend. Did somebody ever try these?

mikecorn.1

Whiskey blend is a given on what it is. Do you know what the Pacific would be?  :o
Mike

Toker

This is from my retailer: •Pacific Blend is chef-inspired for fish and seafood and features a light clean flavor.

DTAggie

Would like to try some of that Pacific Blend on salmon

Toker

They are listed now on the Bradley site under buy online.

SamuelG

I'll take some whiskey neat please!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Quarlow

Just a tidbit of info, the local west coast natives typically used Alder wood for smoking salmon. Not sure what the blend would be though.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

zueth

I have always used Alder for fish, wondering what is in the pacific blend.....hmm

Tenpoint5

Quote from: DTAggie on August 19, 2011, 07:47:28 PM
Would like to try some of that Pacific Blend on salmon

You have the Salmon I have the Pacific blend, So send me some Salmon and I will tell you how it works!! No I am not sending you the pucks either!!! :P :P ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

StickyDan

first thing that comes to mind is cedar planking.  Hmmmm?

Tater

Yes, a touch of cedar might be very nice.

Sailor

I used the Whiskey Oak on a Brisket this week end and on some snack stix last weekend.  It was good however I am still like my Hickory the best.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ghost9mm

Quote from: Sailor on November 21, 2011, 12:14:13 PM
I used the Whiskey Oak on a Brisket this week end and on some snack stix last weekend.  It was good however I am still like my Hickory the best.

X2
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Sharne

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 19, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
Whiskey blend is a given on what it is. Do you know what the Pacific would be?  :o

Pacific blend has native woods from New Zealand in it, a wood called Manuka, it is the main type of wood used over here for smoking