New flavors on the market.

Started by Toker, August 19, 2011, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

For those in the UK these flavours are now on sale over here, see the Bradley Smoker UK website.

http://www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/news/?p=220
Manxman

manxman

QuoteJust to clarify there is No Manuka in the Pacific Blend Bisquettes.

It would be interesting to know what the mix of wood is in Pacific Blend Brian?  ;) ::)

What differentiates it from Special Blend?
Manxman

Sharne

wow, this is very interesting, Pacific Blend is advertised over here as  being Inspired and created for the NZ and Australian customer enveloping popular NZ Wood characteristics.
Beautiful on Kingfish and Salmon

http://www.thesmokehouse.co.nz/

Also on the fishing boards aswell.....

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/pacific-blend-bisquettes-manuka_topic69957.html

Quarlow

Sharne, your first link I can't get into, is it a dealers website? The second one is a blog site it seems and that can not be construed as an official Bradley claim as to what is in the bisquettes. Brian seems to be tight lipped as to what is in them though I can't see why. The pic on the box on the second site is clearly a pic from the West Coast of Canada. Well it might not be clear if you aren't from here but having been around the westcoast cruising and commercial fishing it is to me. If I was to guess the woods in this blend I would say maybe cedar and Alder though I don't know if those two would mix well. But those are the woods that are popular here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Sharne on January 21, 2012, 02:40:16 AM
wow, this is very interesting, Pacific Blend is advertised over here as  being Inspired and created for the NZ and Australian customer enveloping popular NZ Wood characteristics.
Beautiful on Kingfish and Salmon

That quote is correct.
Pacific Blend  was designed for fisherman for New Zealand & Australia and if you like Manuka then you will like Pacific Blend.

What the mix in Pacific Blend is well thats a trade secret  :-X :-X ;D

Brian.

Smokeville

Well, that doesn't say that Makuka is actually in it, but it does say it is unique!

slowpoke

You guys remember the sunomi in Japan,and all that wood that was floating off the west coast.Pacific blend? ::)
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Quarlow

;D ;D ;D Roflmao, He's just sayin'.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Wazzulu

Quote from: Quarlow on January 21, 2012, 08:30:19 AM
I would say maybe cedar and Alder though I don't know if those two would mix well. But those are the woods that are popular here.

I just got my Bradley this week and my biggest concern is not having a puck that is an Alder75% / Cedar 25%.  This is how I have always smoked my salmon and trout.  Any ideas? 

Quarlow

3 Alder, 1 Cedar = 75% - 25% just kidding. Do they make a cedar puck?

OBS
BBQ

laughingdog

Manuka honey is  famous. It's from New Zealand. 
Sounds like the bees use it's flowers to make the honey and the BBQ'ers use the wood to make their dinner!