OK. Here’s my plan.

Started by ffrcoupe, August 25, 2011, 01:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffrcoupe

You all can tell me if I'm or not.  ;D

I'm going to buy a 6 rack digital just so I can have the maximum amount of space available.

I'm going to add 6 rack holders to it just so I can move stuff around inside as needed.

I'm also going to add a 2nd 500W heating element with a switch so I can use it to heat up the unit quickly, recover the heat quickly when I add the meat, and use it as a backup if the primary heater fails. I will buy a spare heater element as well.

I'm not going to buy a PID right away but will not leave the smoker unattended while the 2nd element is on until I buy one. I also think I will buy the dual probe Auber since I want to monitor the heat of the meat and want to be able to use the meat temperature to kick in another cycle.

I'm also going to check out the door hinge and if I feel that it is not strong enough I'm going to beef it up with some additional metal.

I'm also going to buy some extra racks and Frogmats.

What do ya think?

I can't wait to try this bad boy out!

I just wish that I could get the $$ faster so I can eat some great BBQ now!

Tenpoint5

Sounds pretty good. Although the only changes that I have made to my six rack is. I am running a prototype element in it. I wont elaborate on it because that prototype has been taken off the table.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

get a remote thermometer (Maverick 732?)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

sounds like a good plan and ditto on the et 732 great lil unit

squirtthecat

KyNola

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

RSilva

My only concern would be the fact that you are going to power 1000 watts through the digital unit which isn't designed to handle that much draw.  I know you aren't going to leave the smoker unattended, but if you pull to much power through the digital unit and destroy it, your attendance will only have witnessed the event.  Am I missing something?

mikecorn.1

A maverick IMHO is a must.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: RSilva on August 25, 2011, 08:05:04 AM
My only concern would be the fact that you are going to power 1000 watts through the digital unit which isn't designed to handle that much draw.  I know you aren't going to leave the smoker unattended, but if you pull to much power through the digital unit and destroy it, your attendance will only have witnessed the event.  Am I missing something?

The digital unit WILL handle a 1000 watt heating element just fine.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RSilva

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 25, 2011, 09:06:59 AM
Quote from: RSilva on August 25, 2011, 08:05:04 AM

The digital unit WILL handle a 1000 watt heating element just fine.

x2   My 6 racker is dualed and sometimes I don't use a PID and it has not had any problems.

Later add the Turbo Shield.

ffrcoupe

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 25, 2011, 06:59:52 AM
Sounds pretty good. Although the only changes that I have made to my six rack is. I am running a prototype element in it. I wont elaborate on it because that prototype has been taken off the table.

Sounds intriguing.  ;D

ffrcoupe

ffrcoupe

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 25, 2011, 11:21:23 AMLater add the Turbo Shield.

What's a turbo shield and where do I get one?  ;D