last weekends brisket

Started by Mach1, August 26, 2011, 09:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach1

sorry they pics aren't great, I used my Ipone and couldn't really get any money shot pics, cause all the people that came to partake. I promise better pics next time. :)

It was a small brisket that my mom had in the freezer, I think for a while cause for some reason it turned out kinda tough, unlike any of the other ones that I have made, but it was still good.

I rubbed it down with some salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic salt, and I don't remember what else;

smoked it with 4.5 hours of mesquite at 225* I think it took 8 hrs to get to 180*

FTCed for a 3 hours then when it had cooled down enough put in the fridge to be reheated for dinner.

And the finished product.

Like I said for some reason turned out a little tougher then my previous 2 briskets(one of which, was the best brisket I've ever had), but people still liked.

beefmann

maybe it dried out making it tougher.... looks good anyway

squirtthecat

The smaller ones can be tricky to cook.  Not a whole lot of fat in there to keep the moisture up.

It will still make for some fantastic sammiches..     Chop it up and mix in some sauce and you are good to go.

classicrockgriller

Make sure you are cutting your Brisket across the grain of the meat.

You may have to start in a corner of the Brisket to get the proper

angle on the grain.

Another thing is after a few cuts in the Brisket, sample a piece.

If it seems tough, make your slices thinner.

If it is fallin' apart, you can make your cut a little wider.