How to remove the door on OBS?

Started by db14, August 27, 2011, 10:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

db14

The trim has broken away from the bottom of my OBS which has caused the hinge pin to detach from the door.  I would like to try to patch it up, but it would be a lot easier if I could remove the entire door.  Anyone know how I can get the door off the top hinge?  I tried, but I didn't see any straight forward way to do it.

muebe

You need to lift up on the door until the pin moves up and out of the hinge. The top pin slips over the hinge. You may need to tilt the door outwards as you do it to get it to release.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Thanks for the pictorial tutorial Mark.  I need to remove the door from my DBS.  It will be easier to install the rails to turn my 4 rack into an 8 rack.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on August 28, 2011, 08:04:20 AM

Thanks for posting the pics of this. Really helps out when you have something to look at.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

db14

Thanks, the pics did help out.  The problem I was running into was no amount of lifting or tilting would release the door.  What I ended up finding was the hinge pin had slid down slightly from the top, so there wasn't enough room to lift it up and over the hinge.  I reached in with some needle nose and pushed it back up and into place and the door came right off.

classicrockgriller