Sensor Cable

Started by Woodie, August 28, 2011, 02:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodie

Good Afternoon: What do we call someone who is waiting to graduate to novice.  I just bought a 4 rack digital smoker and immediately set about building a box fitted with an 8 foot dryer hose so that I could cold smoke some sockeye salmon from the last of the Fraser River run.  (I've done lots of hot smoking in the past but this is new for me.)  Testing the set up for the first time revealed a problem.  I plugged in the smoke generator and immediately got an E1 error message indicating a sensor problem.  Obviously, the sensor cord is way too short for my setup.  Local electronic businesses tell me the cable supplied is unique and that they have nothing that even approximates it.  I have seen nothing on the Bradley website indicating that longer cables are available.  I suspect that the smoke generator will not work when there is an error message.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please note:  I'm completely new to forums so I really don't know what I'm doing.  Hopefully I will learn quickly.

Smokin Soon

The easiest way for me was just to splice in some wire for the length you need. Happy smoking and welcom to the forum!

Woodie

Thanks Smokin Soon:

The simplest solution is usually the best.  I'm  always reluctant to modify things but I'm sure you are right.  Thanks again.

classicrockgriller

You may can Contact Bradley and buy a plug for the back of the smoke gen.

They put them in the cold smoke adaptors.