Food for the voulenteers (now with pics)

Started by Bigbirdoffroad, September 02, 2011, 10:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbirdoffroad

I got 2 roasters in the SRG and 4 racks of legs and thighs in the DBS. Making up some slaw. Going to bring it all down to the firehouse to feed the guys working on hurricane cleanup. I've been helping people for 4 days now, cleaning up the HUGE mess we have in whats left of my town. I needed a down day so, smoked chicken for the guys. I'll try to post some pics later.

FYI, I'm in Schoharie County NY. The third worst area hit in the hurricane.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

squirtthecat

OU812

There gonna love that yard bird and the parts.

muebe

That is a great thing you are doing. I am sure they greatly appreciate your hard work to keep them doing their hard work :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Tenpoint5

A good way to spend a day off relaxing yet still helping others!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Bigbirdoffroad

Here's a few pics. The fellas are gonna love this!!! Damn, I should have sampled a peice for my self but I'm gonna cook up some Pizza Brats for me and the wife. We have a long day tomorrow of cleaning up downtown. I even have some of my Motorcycle Club comming from 80 miles away to come in and help. I'll cook up some stuff on the SRG for them, it's faster.

SouthernSmoked

You're a good man!

They'll love and appreciate everything that's when into to this meal.

Great Job!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TestRocket

That's a very nice thing you are doing and good luck with the clean up!  ;D

SiFumar

It's great you're able to help out with the clean up.  And I'm sure those awesome birds will be much appreciated!

Quarlow

Good on you Bigbird. You are a special guy for sure. Those guys will really appreciate it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DADAKOTA

You are doing a great thing with the cooking and the cleanup as well.  After spending 5 days cooking for emergency personel in Joplin after the tornado I know as a fact that they truly appreciate good food.  Keep fighting the fight.

grnhs

ghost9mm

Partner you make us all proud, the good you are doing will certainly serve you in the eyes of your friends and neighbors, and most of all yourself...you sir are a attribute to this forum...Thank You
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Bigbirdoffroad

Well, I don't know if I did a good deed or not. The guys down to the firehouse were fighiting over the chicken.  LOL  It's all good. They must have loved it...LOL Now for a good night sleep. Going to work on the clean up in the AM. I got 10 people together to clean out an 80 year old couples house out. Still alot of work to be done. Hopefully our help over the weekend makes a difference.

KyNola

Awesome food and awesome thing you are doing!