Iron Chef Bradley IX Ingredients and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, September 02, 2011, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

I sent you a PM...the original post said thru the 19th? Did I read that wrong?

deb415611

Chris,

the turn in date does say the 19th which is today - I think  you should keep it open at least all day in all fairness.  Maybe you should post a time for closing it in future if you are not going to keep it open until midnight of the day posted.

Deb

Tenpoint5

It does say that you have until the 19th for turn in. It also says that the voting will start on the 19th as well. In the previous 8 ICBs we have generally ended the turn in on The morning of the last day. Started the voting That same day.

However I am curious and since I have been called on this. I will make it quite simple. Any posting in the turn in thread made after midnight WILL NOT be considered in the voting process. That sound fair enough?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Other than setting a designated time zone for midnite you have been very fair.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 19, 2011, 06:34:41 AM
Other than setting a designated time zone for midnite you have been very fair.

What ever my computer registers as the post time. So I am saying 11:59:59 pm CST it is game over

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

I think having a concrete closing date and time is a great suggestion.
I am also going to suggest having a concrete close to voting, too. Like midnight CST on the last day of voting.
Anyone agree with me?
Carolyn

GusRobin

Quote from: Caribou on September 19, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
I am also going to suggest having a concrete close to voting, too. Like midnight CST on the last day of voting.
Anyone agree with me?
Carolyn
Depends if I am winning or need more time to pay get people to vote for me.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caribou on September 19, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
Anyone agree with me?
Carolyn

I completely agree. However we have never been sticklers with any of the rules in this whole thing. I myself dont want to start doing that now. Technically the cooking should have been completed by last Friday and the posting should have occurred over the weekend. This isn't a big deal just means there will be one less day of voting on this ICB. The voting is usually completed by Friday morning and when I announce the winner I generally try to remember to lock the voting thread so that no new votes may be cast after that point in time.

TestRocket

Well I haven't decided on whom to give my winning vote to yet but I think I have it narrowed down to two? But my Miss (Mrs., Mr.) Congeniality vote has been decided hands down, and let's just say "Roll Tide"!  ;D

hal4uk

Quote from: muebe on September 19, 2011, 11:31:33 AM
I hope there are not any dangling chads ::)
LMFAO!!!
It ain't like you could sell the trophy for its gold content on E-BAY...

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SiFumar

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SiFumar on September 19, 2011, 08:23:44 PM
So does voting start tomorrow the 20th?

Yes! Chris is at work tonite and he will open the polls in the morning when he gets home.

SiFumar

classicrockgriller