Auber Dual Probe PID remote monitoring solution?

Started by ffrcoupe, August 29, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffrcoupe

Has anyone come up with an Auber Dual Probe PID remote monitoring solution?

Is it possible to split the probes from an Auber Dual Probe PID with a splitter and plug it into both the Auber PID & a Maverick Remote ET-732?

Does Auber have a remote solution?

Any ideas?

classicrockgriller

Have had conversations with a forum member that used a spliter

and the Auber is not designed for that.

It got over heated and caused some minor damage to the PID.

What other have been doing is using a Maverick ET-7 or ET-73

or the new ET-732? and sticking the probe close to the Auber

meat probe and monitoring it that way. There might be a +- 1to2*

difference in the two probes.

Toker

No they don't unfortunately :( The only way we have found so far, is to Put your Maverick meat probe as close as the Aube meat probe. This way, they will be just a few degrees from each other.

But if you want to, just send Auber an email this way, if many pepeol send one, they will hopfully make a remote. THAT IS MY DREAM!

Toker

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Toker on August 29, 2011, 09:51:43 PM
Sorry CRG beated me on the speed  :)

Toker was my Teacher. ;D

Pretty smart fella!

ffrcoupe

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 29, 2011, 09:46:43 PM
Have had conversations with a forum member that used a spliter

and the Auber is not designed for that.

It got over heated and caused some minor damage to the PID.

What other have been doing is using a Maverick ET-7 or ET-73

or the new ET-732? and sticking the probe close to the Auber

meat probe and monitoring it that way. There might be a +- 1to2*

difference in the two probes.

I certainly don't want to mess up a $185.00 PID so I was thinking about sticking the ET-732 probe close to the Auber probe.

This is all in theory for me right now because I haven't bought anything yet. I've got a car to sell 1st before I have the $$ but I'm so excited about my new smoking options that I can't stop thinking about it.

While one can simply walk down to the smoker to monitor the progress and have faith that all is well with the Auber PID, it's still would be nice to remote capabilities. :)

ffrcoupe

Quote from: Toker on August 29, 2011, 09:50:53 PM
But if you want to, just send Auber an email this way, if many pepeol send one, they will hopfully make a remote. THAT IS MY DREAM!

I'll tell them when I call them to order my PID.

Toker

Sonny after everything I've learned from you, if i could learned you only ONE thing, i consider it as a victory :)

Mr Walleye

ffrcoupe

I just ordered the new Wifi Stoker. It's really designed for controlling a stick burner. It has software that you can control from any computer with internet access including smart phones. You can monitor both the cabinet temps and the meat temps, change the temperatures, etc. The number of temp probes you can use is almost unlimited.

Because it's designed for a stick burner the Stoker is normally used to control a blower. I think I have it cased how to hook it up to an electric smoker. Although I'm not going to use this on my Bradley I am going to do some testing on my big 220v smoker which the net result would be the same. There's a fair waiting list so I'm probably a few weeks away from getting it but I will post how I make out with it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes