First batch of fish with my new smoker!

Started by Mark64, September 05, 2011, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark64

After introducing myself to the forum and getting some good advice I did up a batch of Ling cod in my smoker yesterday. I alternated between Apple and Hickory pucks and used 8. I ended up with a total time of about 7 hours to finish the fish. Started with the Temp at 120 degrees and for the smoking time and turned it up to 140 after that. The only draw back was that only half of the fish made it to the packaging stage! Nent batck will be Some Salmon, I can't wait!!

smoker pete

Smoked Ling Cod sounds great Mark!!  ...  But remember the old saying "No pictures - Didn't happen"  ;D ;D  Those Ling Cod are ugly looking fish but man-o-man, them is some of the best eating ...

Never used Apple and/or Hickory when smoking fish but it sounds like it was scrumptious.  I normally use Alder when smoking fish.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Mark64

OK. I will do my best to get some pics next time!

Kummok

Just curious how the texture turned out on the Lings, Mark64....dry v.s. moist? Must have been pretty dang good if only half of them made it into packaging!  :) :)

BTW...This is what those swollen belly eating machines look like when they are OUT of the water......

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

smoker pete

Impressive !!  :o  :o  I'm jealous ...  :'( :D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

beefmann