The Bigeasy

Started by cathouse willy, August 24, 2011, 04:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathouse willy

I've often seen mention of this cooker on this forum.On my visit today to my local London Drugs they had the super duper Bigeasy reg $250 that I can have for $130.I don't know much about them so I've resisted so far.What are the virtues of this cooker and do I really need one?
Cheers
Willy

Tenpoint5

If that Super Dooper one had a dome lid on it and was a all black R2D2 looking thing that was the SRG (Smoker Roaster Grill) and for $130 buy that baby and run. It is worth every penny.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

What Chris said for sure....for 130.00 make sure it's all there...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Sure does sound like the SRG. Look it up. If is it. Go back and snag that bad boy.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

cathouse willy

Well I went to London drugs and laid my money down and came home with a propane fired BigEasy Srg for a Good price.After an hour or so of assembly time (damned phillips head screws) its ready to go. There isn't a place for an external meat thermometer probe Any ideas? Drill a hole in the lid?

Gizmo

Quote from: cathouse willy on August 26, 2011, 05:54:22 PM
There isn't a place for an external meat thermometer probe Any ideas? Drill a hole in the lid?

The temperature inside the cabinet of the SRG may get too high for constant use of a temp probe rated for low and slow.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

I cover my et-73 wire with aluminum foil and open the lid and run it to the meat.

mikecorn.1

Yep. Use the same trick thanks to CRG. Use the heavy duty foil.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

classicrockgriller

Just crimp the foil around where the wire goes into the

meat probe all the way out the lid of the SRG.

cathouse willy

Here's another TBE related question. I've applied to be a member of the Char Broil forum. After 8 days I've still not been Ok'd. I recognize several names from this forum on the Char Broil site, perhaps one of you could let them know I promise to behave if they let me in
Cheers
Willy

muebe

Quote from: cathouse willy on September 03, 2011, 03:06:48 PM
Here's another TBE related question. I've applied to be a member of the Char Broil forum. After 8 days I've still not been Ok'd. I recognize several names from this forum on the Char Broil site, perhaps one of you could let them know I promise to behave if they let me in
Cheers
Willy

Willy are you using the same screen name? I will shoot CB a e-mail for you. They had a huge problem with spammers so they toughened up the member process...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

cathouse willy

Muebe Cathouse Willy is the name I registered.I realize that the name may raise some eyebrows but it comes from a time where I was looking for a SASS name and there was a daughter and 5 cats living here.I'm fairly harmless.
Willy

mikecorn.1

Quote from: cathouse willy on September 03, 2011, 05:20:55 PM
Muebe Cathouse Willy is the name I registered.I realize that the name may raise some eyebrows but it comes from a time where I was looking for a SASS name and there was a daughter and 5 cats living here.I'm fairly harmless.
Willy

Hey there willy, i was trying to PM  CB (administrator of sizzleonthegrill) but for some reason, the site is not working at all.
Mike

Ka Honu

I just sent CB an email.  If he's available, he should sort it out shortly.

muebe

Cathouse I talked to CB and sent you a PM...did you get it?

He needs your e-mail address and name you used. Then you can re-register and he will push your membership through manually.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)