Stuffed Loin opionions

Started by viper125, September 13, 2011, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well going to make a couple stuffed loins. Trying to get different ideas of stuffing's. My problem is my wife. She don't like mushrooms, lettuce or greens. Thought maybe provolone or hot pepper cheese, Ham and a little Jan's rub. But i'm open to suggestions. I would like to make two or three from this whole loin and freeze if I can the leftovers for reheat.  Has any one dried like a bread stuffing or what ever. I open to you old timers who know better then me. This will only be my second time with loin. I usually find them dry.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Piker

I have stuffed them with just plain dressing like what you put in a chicken or turkey. Wrap it up tight and it should come out fine. I would think just about anything would work as sliced apples,any kind of cheese, maybe even dill pickles. I just used my last loin for Habs canadian bacon or I   w ould try some of the above. Piker

ArnieM

This is difficult because almost anything can go in there.  Stuffing can certainly be used but should but should be of the crumbly variety and moist.  Bread crumbs might be a little bit heavy.

You can go savory.  Any of a number of cheeses, Italian sausage, chorizo, cooked crumbled bacon (yum, bacon) or ham as you mentioned.  Putting rub on the inside is good because it helps to spread the flavor throughout the meat.

You can go sweet.  Blanched cranberries, chopped nuts, shredded granny smith apples, etc.

As I said, darn near anything that typically goes with pork.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

viper125

Well I figured since its smoked the stuffing would get pretty dry. Guess I really meant like what combinations have you tried that seem best.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

OU812

I just wing it,,,what ever you would cook as a side with pork try to stuff that in there.

Hack I made one outta Italian sausage and stuffed it with every thing I would put in a pizza.  ::)

Or one with every thing you would make a Rubin out of.

The ingredients are endless.

I even made one stuffed with spaghetti,,,,,my wife loves spaghetti.  ::)

ghost9mm

What Curt said...heck make it fun...them mistakes taste good too... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill