Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelG

Fan with no loss of racks.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Habanero Smoker

RTF;

With the fan modification that SG mentions there is no loss of space, and you don't have to rearrange the racks. The only thing you may want to consider is reinforcing the back of the smoker.

Here is a link to a fan modification:

Circulation Fan

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RFT

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

Kitchen Commander

I like the idea of the single 900 watt finned element.  Where do you get that component?
Proud to have served & retired, 20 years United States Army Airborne.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Kitchen Commander

Thank you muebe.  I think I'll go that route.  I have a corporate account with Grainger, so I get it at an even better price than on the website.
Proud to have served & retired, 20 years United States Army Airborne.

RFT

could we get some close up pics of the Element brackets and how they are mounted?
N.P.

muebe

Quote from: RFT on October 04, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
could we get some close up pics of the Element brackets and how they are mounted?

BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

RFT

N.P.

cajunboudreaux

muebe, am i correct in my thinking that the only reason you left the original heat reflector is because of mounting purposes with your L brackets? Also, how hot do you find the back of your unit getting with the fins that close to the back? How much space is between the wall and the fins? I enjoy seeing all these pics and ideas you guys have tried. Thanks for all your time in reposting this information. Looking forward to suppin up my future unit..

TedEbear, when bypassing the slider. Does the light still work if you keep it plugged in? Just wondering if there is a way to keep the light operational without adding more switches.

is there any particular size fan to get?
Laissez les bon temps rouler

muebe

Quote from: cajunboudreaux on October 05, 2011, 09:06:45 PM
muebe, am i correct in my thinking that the only reason you left the original heat reflector is because of mounting purposes with your L brackets? Also, how hot do you find the back of your unit getting with the fins that close to the back? How much space is between the wall and the fins? I enjoy seeing all these pics and ideas you guys have tried. Thanks for all your time in reposting this information. Looking forward to suppin up my future unit..

TedEbear, when bypassing the slider. Does the light still work if you keep it plugged in? Just wondering if there is a way to keep the light operational without adding more switches.

is there any particular size fan to get?

Don't know how hot the back get's because my OBS cabinet is in a suncast shed. The finned  element is about two inches from the back wall of the cabinet.

And yes you can still use the indicator light by keeping it wired to the existing wiring. I have the indicator light and a on/off switch when I fabricated a metal front panel...

cajunboudreaux

That looks nice... Thanks for the info.. Guess it is time to get busy.

RFT

Yep. Me too. Just ordered the 900w element yesterday.  Fabricating a new under door cover(slider switch) and putting on new door this weekend maybe even a big hinge to re enforce stock hinges.  Shame to drill holes in a new door though.
N.P.

cajunboudreaux

I am pretty lucky to have a few Graingers and harbor freights around me. Easy to pick things up. Looking forward to some goodies coming in i ordered as well. I finally feel comfortable making mods without tearing to much up.
Be sure to take pics of your new front cover.. Good luck.

RFT

N.P.