Alaskan Salmon Sale

Started by Bobb, December 07, 2005, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobb

Hi Guys

There a sale on Wild Alaskan salmon at www.wildpacificsalmon.com
The Copper River Sockeye steaks are great on the grill. Here's a 10% off code LC2HAW4U
You also get free FedEx overnight shipping if you buy 10 pounds or more.

Happy Holidays
Bob

iceman

Ouch! At almost $ 13.00 a pound I'm glad I have my freezer full right now. Looks good though if you don't live up here in Alaska. Thanks for posting this.[:)]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iceman</i>
<br />Ouch! At almost $ 13.00 a pound I'm glad I have my freezer full right now. Looks good though if you don't live up here in Alaska. Thanks for posting this.[:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was thinking the same thing, Iceman....at least at first![:0]

Then I started adding up the cost of our "free salmon".....hmmmm, let's see, there's:

The Boat:   $10,000 to $80,000 average
The Boat Puller Truck: $25,000 to $50,000 average ("Spit" trucks average $25[;)])
The Tackle: Rod: $100-$500 avg, Reel: $150-$500, Lures/Flashers/Hooks/Line/etc. $500-$100, Lead sinkers/cannonballs/etc: $200, Bait/Bait handling: $250, Nets/Gaffs/Clubs/Snakecharmers/Ammo: $200-$500
The Guv'ment (licenses/boat/trailer registration/etc.) $300-$400
The Fuel: $2000-$4000
The Food/Snacks/Beer: $800-$1000
And so on and so on.......

Amortized, Annualized, and Averaged makes the price of our "free" salmon about $3 zillion/lb [;)][:D][;)][:D]  and worth TWICE the price[:p][:p][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

iceman

I hear ya Kummok. When I had my boat we figured it to come out at about $3,000.00 per pound. What a deal!!! Now I have a deal with friends that works out real nice. They bring me fish and get half back smoked plus they buy the vacum bags, waffers and brine ingredients. I did just under 2500 lbs green weight this summer. I have to admit I miss the boat but when I think of all the sh_t that went along with it I just sit back, smile and take a sip of a cold one. Yeppers, life is good![^]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iceman</i>
<br />....I have to admit I miss the boat but when I think of all the sh_t that went along with it I just sit back, smile and take a sip of a cold one. Yeppers, life is good![^]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lots good to be said about such an arrangement! The trip and catchin's fun, but like you say, sometimes one HAS to question the sanity of it all. Along with several other things I was told when first looking for a boat, was the wisdom ONLY a boat owner can appreciate, that is: "The two most exciting times in your boating life are when you buy a boat and when you SELL it!"

I'm "between boats" for the winter and have to say that there's a lot less -0°F boat checking this winter!  (Thank God for my "way too nice to me" neighbor with a big, heated, salmon slaying boat!) Sometimes the $200-$300 price to charter a trip is waaaaay better than the headaches associated with winter "boat support"....just wish the King limit was more like 5 during the winter to get more out of each trip! Not giving up the sub zero King catching though, cause the King smoking/eating is well worth it![:p][:p]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA