10.5's Bulldog BBQ sauce

Started by SiFumar, September 21, 2011, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

Been wanting to make 10.5's BBQ sauce since he posted it.  finally got the ingredients together.

Smelled really good while simmering.  Poured in pitcher to cool off.  It made 2 1/4c.

I always try a recipe exactly at first, then adjust for personal tastes next time.  I did add more cayenne tho this time...we like a bit more kick.  We tried on pork chops.  It is a delicious sauce but just a bit sweet for our tastes.  We know family members who will love the sweet of it.  The hubby did say it will taste good on ribletts!  It is a definite keeper! Thank you 10.5 for posting!

Ps...for those who can't get Dales...it reminded me of Maggi seasoning if  you can find that.

mikecorn.1

I missed the recipe thread. Can ya post it :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Here is the whole post........

Folks after getting approval from the yardapes on this sauce and after getting a few positive comments at the Smoke Out. I felt it was time to share my new house BBQ sauce. Now before you start changing things to the way you think it should be made (Curt). I want to inform you of this. I have sent this recipe off to the couple that inspired me to find this recipe, and tweak it to make it as close as I could to the BBQ sauce they no longer sell. The reply I got back was "You damn near nailed it! The best part is, it is made from things you can find around the house" For those that don't know who or what I am talking about. Our forum friends Pat and Ann AKA Iceman used to make and distribute a Sop'n Sauce. If you have been lucky enough to have tried it. You are wanting more of it. Folks have been known to sit in the corner with their finger inside the jar trying to get the last of the goodness out of the jar so as not to waste it. There are two main differences to my sauce and Sop'n Sauce. Mine is a thin sauce not thick, and I have tamed down the heat for the less tolerant (Miss Vicky). So feel free to give this a whirl. Especially those of you jonesing for some Sop'n Sauce. 

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 tablespoon Dales Seasoning
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or more depending on taste)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Combine and simmer until mixture is smooth (5 to 10 minutes)

**Note if you double this recipe it fits right back into a normal sized bottle of ketchup with just a little to spare.

devo

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SiFumar on September 21, 2011, 04:45:46 PM
Here is the whole post........

Folks after getting approval from the yardapes on this sauce and after getting a few positive comments at the Smoke Out. I felt it was time to share my new house BBQ sauce. Now before you start changing things to the way you think it should be made (Curt). I want to inform you of this. I have sent this recipe off to the couple that inspired me to find this recipe, and tweak it to make it as close as I could to the BBQ sauce they no longer sell. The reply I got back was "You damn near nailed it! The best part is, it is made from things you can find around the house" For those that don't know who or what I am talking about. Our forum friends Pat and Ann AKA Iceman used to make and distribute a Sop'n Sauce. If you have been lucky enough to have tried it. You are wanting more of it. Folks have been known to sit in the corner with their finger inside the jar trying to get the last of the goodness out of the jar so as not to waste it. There are two main differences to my sauce and Sop'n Sauce. Mine is a thin sauce not thick, and I have tamed down the heat for the less tolerant (Miss Vicky). So feel free to give this a whirl. Especially those of you jonesing for some Sop'n Sauce. 

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 tablespoon Dales Seasoning
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or more depending on taste)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Combine and simmer until mixture is smooth (5 to 10 minutes)

**Note if you double this recipe it fits right back into a normal sized bottle of ketchup with just a little to spare.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

Glad you liked it STACY!! :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D I just finished off the last of my stocks of this wonderful stuff.

For those that is wondering I will say this again. IT IS A THIN SAUCE. I use it more for drizzling over Pulled Pork Sammies than I do for basting onto ribs it is a little thin for that in my opinion.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar

I didn't find the sauce to thin at all, have had much thinner.  Seems to have thicken some when chilled.  Also the flavors blended nicely.  I have bought many a bottle trying to find one I'm happy with.(All brought to hubbys work and left in the fridge there)  This I can live with.  It makes enough at one time for the two of us.

And 10.5....... :P..call me what ya want....just don't call me late for supper!

Tenpoint5

LOL I got the S and the Y right!!! ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Perhaps a side by side tasting would make it easier to dial in the recipe.
I can make arrangements for some of you so this could happen.
;D Just say'n.  ;)  :)

standles

Quote from: iceman on September 24, 2011, 11:56:02 AM

Or maybe if we say a collective PLEASE you could just post the recipie?  :-*

I still have 1/2 jar of yours for a special occasion but knowing it is my last I have not found an occasion special enough  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: standles on September 24, 2011, 12:40:48 PM
Quote from: iceman on September 24, 2011, 11:56:02 AM

Or maybe if we say a collective PLEASE you could just post the recipie?  :-*

I still have 1/2 jar of yours for a special occasion but knowing it is my last I have not found an occasion special enough  ;D

I don't think we want to know what all is in the Sop'n Sauce!!! I have heard Rumors!!

ghost9mm

Chris...I put that in my book....thank you...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mez

I was wondering if anyone knew a substitute for the dales sauce?Cant seem to find that around here.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mez on October 29, 2011, 09:51:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew a substitute for the dales sauce?Cant seem to find that around here.

Soy Sauce

mez

Saw your post to late.I used A1 sauce as a substitute.Soy sauce probably would have been better but it's still pretty damn tasty!