10.5's Bulldog BBQ sauce

Started by SiFumar, September 21, 2011, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

As long as it works for you your good. The A-1 might cut some of the sweetness others have mentioned
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

I'd think a good Dale's clone would be 2/3rds Soy and 1/3rd A-1 sauce..    That's what it reminds me of.

SiFumar

Dales reminds me of Maggi seasoning

The "sweetness" of 10.5's Bulldog bbq sauce is growing on us.  Not at all like the to sweet sauces from the market.

archimedes1967

As a long time lurker, I have used 10.5's sauce. Not having Dave's Seasoning locally, I, too, have used Maggi Seasoning with success.

My twist? With spare ribs I usually tent with Dr. Pepper (although apple cider...or it's vinegar...are also runner ups). So when I pull my 3-2-1 spare ribs I drain the unctuous sauce and use that in lieu of straight Dr. Pepper.

Also, as I prefer a thicker sauce, I hard simmer for 20 minutes (like a gastric) to get a thicker sauce...sometimes I mount with butter, or even better, if I can get it, masa.

Tenpoint5

This reminds me I should make some more I have some empty 1/2 pint jars that need filling.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

watchdog56

So is Dale's seasoning the same as soy sauce?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: watchdog56 on May 14, 2012, 08:40:00 AM
So is Dale's seasoning the same as soy sauce?

No it's a little different I would try Squirts Clone

Consooger

I just made a batch of this sauce and as I stated before in previous posts I am a sauce junky and always looking to try new sauces. I took a small taste of this and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!  Very good sauce! I am going to let this age a few weeks and then crack the seal on this and then try it, cannot wait!!!!

-Sugar
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

rsherman24

I will have to make up a batch of this sauce, sounds very good.

I noticed a reference to a clone for Dales sauce.  Does anyone have a link to that recipe?  I love the Dales marinade, but can't find it up here in NE PA.  Thanks

"No it's a little different I would try Squirts Clone "

Tenpoint5

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 30, 2011, 12:53:23 PM

I'd think a good Dale's clone would be 2/3rds Soy and 1/3rd A-1 sauce..    That's what it reminds me of.

Here is Squirts sugestion

rsherman24

Thank You.  That does sound like a good ratio.  I will give it a try this weekend

Consooger

Where in NE PA???

Quote from: rsherman24 on May 15, 2012, 05:20:47 AM
I will have to make up a batch of this sauce, sounds very good.

I noticed a reference to a clone for Dales sauce.  Does anyone have a link to that recipe?  I love the Dales marinade, but can't find it up here in NE PA.  Thanks

"No it's a little different I would try Squirts Clone "
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

rsherman24

Scranton.  Home of "The Office"

Consooger

Pottsville "home of Yuengling" here, go to Wegmans they have Dale's if not try Redner's although I don't think you have them up there. Every store I have seen it at it is in the meat department not te regular sauce isle.
               -My Wife

rsherman24

I tried Wegmans last year and they did not carry it in my area.  I will have to try them and Redners again.  I had it on some ribeye steaks down in Maryland and really liked the flavor.  I may have to schedule a trip to Cabela's down that area in the near future.

Thanks