10.5's Bulldog BBQ sauce

Started by SiFumar, September 21, 2011, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

I just moved to Hamburg right across from Cabelas, my fiancé hates we live so close to it. She calls it "the Enemy"
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Consooger

Just used a batch of this with my pulled pork this weekend....absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

watchdog56

Just made this and WOW is it good. I need  a little so I will simmer longer.

CentPaSmokin

Thanx for the recipe it is excellent. By the way you can buy Dales seasoning on amazon by the bottle or by the case.

watchdog56

Besides simmering for a few minutes has any one tried to add flour to thicken this up a bit? Is there another way to thicken it up?

10.5 Mobile

Quote from: watchdog56 on July 15, 2012, 02:05:19 PM
Besides simmering for a few minutes has any one tried to add flour to thicken this up a bit? Is there another way to thicken it up?
The sauce was never designed to be a thick sauce.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: watchdog56 on July 15, 2012, 02:05:19 PM
I've never made it but you can thicken up with corn starch. When you add cornstarch to a liquid, it will be at its max thickening power when it comes to a boil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

watchdog56

sjmcdowall

Make sure to mix the corn starch (or masa) with a bit of water first to make a slurry!  It will meld into the sauce much more evenly ... (and then yes, you must bring it to a boil to get the thickening properties) ..

Good luck!

Brady Smoker!

is there anything you can buy similar to dale's seasoning? they dont carry it anywhere in canada and id really like to make some of this sauce.

thanks - brady
BDS 4 RACK

squirtthecat

Quote from: Brady.G on August 09, 2012, 04:52:15 PM
is there anything you can buy similar to dale's seasoning? they dont carry it anywhere in canada and id really like to make some of this sauce.

thanks - brady

My thoughts on this..

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 30, 2011, 12:53:23 PM

I'd think a good Dale's clone would be 2/3rds Soy and 1/3rd A-1 sauce..    That's what it reminds me of.

At the very least it would be a good start.

Brady Smoker!

Amazing sauce made a batch today its got a nice kick but not too much, the soy and A1 worked excellent too, seems like a good dales clone
BDS 4 RACK

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Looks mighty tasty, you can't go wrong with DP. Thanks for bumping.

ExpatCanadian

Thanks for the bump...  I had notification on this thread that I had totally forgotten about...  and I still havn't tried this recipe.  So...  off to the store to today for some ingredients.  Not a hope in H$ll of getting Dale's over here, but we have A1 and Soy Sauce so that'll have to do...