Vinegar in sauce

Started by cajunboudreaux, September 26, 2011, 09:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunboudreaux

Gonna post here as well. Soory for the duplicate.

Just wondering on how much vinegar is needed to keep sauce from going bad if not refridgerated??? Have any of you experimented with this, if so please chime in. I have been working on about 4 different sauces and i am very curious on your thoughts.. 
I had never heard of the grape soda sauce before so i tried last week for fun and passed out about 20 jars to friends of 3 different types and that was the one that people spoke of being alittle to vinegar tasting. They really liked the taste but said the vinegar needed to be toned down a tad.. .. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bobby
Laissez les bon temps rouler

GusRobin

I t depends upon the rest of the recipe. For example, if you get a recipe that says it is safe to hot water can instead of pressure canning, changing the recipe changes the determination of whether you need to pressure can or not regardless if you do or do not change the amount of vinegar. It has to do with the overall acidity of the mixture.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.