Very new newbie to smoking

Started by Kitchen Commander, September 25, 2011, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Kitchen Commander on September 27, 2011, 07:08:30 AM
Shall I wait till this weekend to smoke something??? 

NO Start smoking something right away!! I am quite sure you won't become addicted on the first smoke. You have to smoke like 100 things before you become addicted!! Trust Me on this!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Kitchen Commander

Alrighty folks here goes.  Trying it for the first time tonight.  Just couldn't hold out till the weekend.  Doing some boneless skinless chicken breasts with a simple Emeril chicken rub.  Windy outside so temperature isn't climbing to well.  I'll keep the ET372 plugged in and watch it.

Wish me luck.
Proud to have served & retired, 20 years United States Army Airborne.

Kitchen Commander

We're almost there!  Meat's at about 155.  Another 10 minutes or so and I figure it'll be time to take em out.  Bringing the chicken to work tomorrow.  My co-workers will be the most honest critics I could find anywhere.  A bunch of suit and tie, 6 figures a year guys that tell it like it is.

aces-n-eights

Welcome to the forum Kitchen Commander!  And from one 20 year Army vet to another, thanks for your service.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Kitchen Commander

Quote from: aces-n-eights on September 28, 2011, 06:30:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Kitchen Commander!  And from one 20 year Army vet to another, thanks for your service.

Thanks for your service as well brother!  Alaska for retirement huh.  I heard it's beautiful and I woudn't have complained to have gotten stationed there (I never did), but, I'd be miserable in the cold.  Bad enough here in Reno, Nevada.  But then again, the fishing and hunting there might make up for having to deal with the cold for so many months.  Give a little get a little I guess.

aces-n-eights

Yes, Alaska is a great place for retirement... especially when you have the time to get out of the state for a few months in the winter.  We've found that winter here is no worse than other places we've been; maybe a bit longer and a bit darker in Dec and Jan.  Nice to break it up and go sponge off of family and friends for a while  ;D  Yes, good fishing and hunting... we filled the freezer with sockeye, but the moose remained safe this season.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8