Garage frig!

Started by KyNola, October 01, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

There is a saying where I come from. "Even a blind sow finds an acorn every once in a while."  Well, I think I may have found an acorn.  I have been looking for a frig for quite some time to put in my garage to hold extra beer and to cure meats in.  A week ago I ran into a guy who owns several rental houses and asked if he had any frigs he wanted to sell cheap.  "As a matter of a fact I do."  Come to find out it is a stainless steel 2 door commercial unit.  7 feet tall, 54 inches wide and 32 inches deep.  The catch is he doesn't know for sure if it still works.  The price? $100.  Yeah, I'll risk $100 seeing as how I have a good friend who knows all about refrigeration.

Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to get the dang thing home! :o 

La Quinta

Ky...a garage isn't a garage without a beer fridge!!! That is a great deal!!  :)

Quarlow

Wish I was closer to ya. I would come right over and give you a hand. I got the dolly and good utility trailer which is nice and low so you don't have to lift to high. Got the "FOREARM FORKLIFT" if they were needed which keeps you from having to bend down when lifting. I could even probably digging in the seat cushions of the couch enough for a cold half sack of beer.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

If it doesn't work, then I see a Double door sausage smoker in your future.

NePaSmoKer

ghost9mm

My Beer fridge is one we bought from Sears over 50 years ago and the only thing we ever did to it was replace the door seal.....Larry you done well my friend...I do know the beer of choice going in there...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

hal4uk

Cool...  Got a pic of it?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Caneyscud

Wow Larry, great snag.  Someday I'll walk into a snag like that.  Can't wait to see what you do with it!  I'd offer to come up with my truck and help, but it needs a new battery, some transmission work and needs to have a new license plate.  I haven't driven it in quite some time.

For years I've wanted to learn to make bamboo fly rods, but was too cheap to buy the tools I needed.  Bought much of what I needed the other day for a 1/2 of what they would normally cost.  The guy I bought it from just happened to notice an estate sale and stopped.  Seems the guy who died was an fly gear junkie.  After I paid for the tools, he went back out to his car and brought in a boxful of fly reels, fly rods, lines.....etc....   Literally full - containing $1,000's of dollars of stuff if brand new and still $1,000's on the used market.  What did he pay for it - $100 and on the second day. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

You get that baby home yet Larry?

KyNola

Curt, if all goes as planned it comes home tomorrow evening.  I went out today and reserved a Ryder truck with a 3000 pound lift gate to bring it home in.  Last night I went to my regular watering hole hangout.  Was talking to the owner of the place and she said "go in the kitchen and measure mine and see if it is about the same size as mine."  I went in and measured it and it is identical with the exception that mine is 2 inches narrower.  Upon seeing just how big this thing really is I immediately knew a pickup truck and a couple of guys trying to hoist it was way out of the question.  Hoping that thing is on some major casters!

Bear in mind, I have never seen the one I am bringing home and have no guarantee that it will work when I plug it in but for $100, I'll take the risk!  Will take pics once I get it home and cleaned up.

OU812

Cool,,,,,,,,,,it would be so awesome if that baby works.

Cant wait to see your new bundle of joy.

Gotta have a garage fridge, and a smokin shed fridge, and a man room fridge, and,,,,,,,OK I'll quit.

KyNola

I do have an ace up my sleeve in the event it doesn't work.  I have a friend who is an ace on refrigeration units. 8)

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on October 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM
I do have an ace up my sleeve in the event it doesn't work.  I have a friend who is an ace on refrigeration units. 8)

Send him to my house,,,,,,,,,,,,my deer freezer in the smokin shed quit workin.  :'(

ghost9mm

QuoteSend him to my house,,,,,,,,,,,,my deer freezer in the smokin shed quit workin.  :'(

Partner this is not good this close to hunting season... :(
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SamuelG

Way to go!  How many hams could you hang in there....:) :) :)

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG