Garage frig!

Started by KyNola, October 01, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

In a couple of hours Operation Garage Frig begins.  If y'all don't mind could you think good thoughts for the next 2-3 hours?  I'm gonna be more than a little pissed if I get over there and this is a dorm frig or a tiny house frig. ;D

Caneyscud

I'll take a couple of Advil for you --- ahead of time!  Good luck!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ghost9mm

Here is a picture of my 50 year old beer fridge, bought it in Feb. of 1961 and still runs like a champ...

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ghost9mm

Well I guess we will just wait.... :o
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

I'm thinkin it don't got wheels, All the commercial cooler/freezers i ever worked on had 6" long stubs for feet that catch on every thing when you go to move them.
I bet that old fridge of yours ghost has R-11 refrigerant in it, we still have a couple bottles of that around at work :-X
Can't wait to see this score as it will be a score if it works or not in my opinion ;)

squirtthecat

Little bird told me there is a big fridge...  In a garage...   And nobody got hurt.   :D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: squirtthecat on October 05, 2011, 05:52:09 PM

Little bird told me there is a big fridge...  In a garage...   And nobody got hurt.   :D

Well I was worried about Jan lifting that Fridge. ;D

KyNola

That big heavy son of a b----h is in my garage.  It has to weigh 750 pounds, maybe more.  Keymaster has it correct.  It is sitting on 6 inch peg legs.  It wouldn't go in a 16 foot box truck upright because it wouldn't clear the door by one lousy inch so the guys had to lay it on it's back.  Thank God for lift gates getting it off the truck and back on the ground.  George, Brent and I wrestled that S.O.B. on to the lift gate and used the lift gate to ease it down and slide down onto it's peg legs.  Next.....wouldn't clear my roll up garage door by about 3 inches.  Brent had a hand truck that we were able to ease it over to scoot under the door.  Got it inside the garage and the tires on the hand truck promptly went flat!  "Walked" it into the corner.

It is one of those good news/bad news deals.  Plugged it in and it started running.  However, pretty sure it's not cooling.  Will call my refrigeration buddy and get him to come take a look.  It is unplugged as I wasn't comfortable letting it run all night unchecked.

I have one pic below that I took with a cellphone after I cleaned the doors on it.  For reference, the top of the compressor is 7 feet 2 inches from the floor.  Not about to show you the interior yet.  Needs a LOT of elbow grease.  So it's a work in progress but so far so good.  Jan said if it doesn't work it will make a great storage cabinet! ;D  Gotta love that girl, she is an absolute trooper.

ronbeaux

Sweet! If it has dead stuff in it try using Consan Triple Action 20 from your local nursery. Just coat it down and let it work over night. It is a fungie side that eats the organic stuff and will kill the smell at the source. After that just wipe it down real good with a weak bleach solution and dry it out and your good to go.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KyNola

Thanks Ronbeaux.  Nothing dead in it but I may still take your advice and see if I can find that stuff as it is pretty grungy inside.  Sure as heck couldn't hurt!

hal4uk

$100?  Oh HECK YEAH!!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

I think you did AWESOME!

Beer on one side (left side if you are right handed) ....

Meat for future smokes on the other.

KyNola

Quote from: hal4uk on October 05, 2011, 07:43:17 PM
$100?  Oh HECK YEAH!!!!
If I can get it cooling heck yeah.  If I can't, oh well.  I have had bigger bar tabs than $100 but then again you know that Hal because you were in NOLA with the rest of Krewe du Smoke. ;) 8)