Garage frig!

Started by KyNola, October 01, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Once you lay down a big boy like that, it will need 24 hours or so to get the freon back in order. Don't give up just yet.

KyNola

Thanks SS.  I appreciate your help.  CRG just called me and said the same thing.  Who knew?  I'll just start cleaning on the inside and let it set for a day or so before firing it up again.

classicrockgriller

See! I ain't as stupid as I look. ;D

Keymaster

You should be able to get that fridge going for a couple hundred dollars long as your refrigeration guy works for Beer. One thing to check for is the interior fans, if they arent spinning you wont have any cooling. same with the fan blowing on the Evaporator coil on top. Good Luck!!!

KyNola

Thanks for the advice Key.  The fan on the evaporator coils is definitely spinning but I don't think the interior fans are turning.

I can't find a brand name or model number plate anywhere on that thing.  Did find one plate that said "Property of the Mayflower.  Do not remove." ;D

squirtthecat

Start stocking up on beer/nuggets/pistachios for your HVAC buddy..

OU812

SWEET!

Yep,,,,,,,,they work great as storage cabnets,,,,,,,,,,,,,got one just like that in my garage.  :o

Took the legs off and screwed casters in there place.

Caneyscud

Man, I'm sure glad I took that advil for you last night - that sounded like hard work.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ghost9mm

Now that's a nice lookin beer fridge partner....for 100.00 bucks, heck yeah... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

hal4uk

Quote from: KyNola on October 05, 2011, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: hal4uk on October 05, 2011, 07:43:17 PM
$100?  Oh HECK YEAH!!!!
If I can get it cooling heck yeah.  If I can't, oh well.  I have had bigger bar tabs than $100 but then again you know that Hal because you were in NOLA with the rest of Krewe du Smoke. ;) 8)
Pffffffffffffft!!!!... You had bigger bar tabs than that in the Eighties!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SamuelG

Great Catch! That's a thing of beauty.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

KyNola

Quote from: SamuelG on October 06, 2011, 06:36:57 PM
SamuelG
"IF" I get it operational again.

Keymaster

Quote from: KyNola on October 06, 2011, 06:39:26 PM
Quote from: SamuelG on October 06, 2011, 06:36:57 PM
SamuelG
"IF" I get it operational again.
You'll get it working. let me know what your guy determines and I might be able to help with small parts

Quarlow

Quote from: KyNola on October 05, 2011, 07:19:59 PM

Jan said if it doesn't work it will make a great storage cabinet! ;D  Gotta love that girl, she is an absolute trooper.

I think I am falling in love with your wife. Just kidding. Any woman that lets you get away with what you do is definitely a keeper. And that is one hell of a fridge. Nice score.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Thanks for the offer to help Key.  I appreciate it.

Q, I can dispute nothing you said. Jan lets me get by with a lot! ;D  Now, if I can just manage to get that thing running.  Cleaned on the interior all afternoon.  Still not lettting you see that yet.  It is pretty grungy but getting better.  Amazing what a Shark steam cleaner can do.