question regarding smoker

Started by ebohatch, May 07, 2004, 08:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebohatch

I have had my smoker for about 3 weeks now. I have it outside right now with salmon in it. I went to check it just now, the vent on top was about 1/4 open. lots of smoke coming out (its been on for about 1.5 hrs now). I noticed smoke seeping out at the door seal (on the top) is this normal or may the seal be faulty???

Bassman

Emil,
In my opinon, If the vent is 1/4 of the way open there shouldn't be any leakage from the door seal.Mine never leaks smoke at the seal. make sure it's clean and on right. Thats all I can think of.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

Ditto what the Bassdude said...mine does leak a very teeny tiny amount - I don't see the smoke but I see the stuff on the door when I go to clean it...sometimes some smoke will come out where the generator attachs as that's not a tight seal....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

BrentK

I've had mine for just over a week.  In doing a routine check over of the smoker I found two screws under the door seal that were not completely screwed in.  I would check under your door seal for the same problem.  The ones on my smoker were pushibg the seal out of place....but unless you took a good look it would have been easy to overlook.

Have a GREAT day.