Jerkey Nuggets & chicken Brestw/bone in

Started by slickfuzz, October 06, 2011, 12:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slickfuzz

I need Help, I am cooking my first set of nugget with stew meat on the OBS. I am using Cabela's jerky mix and I have no idea how long to cook them or at what temp. I did smoke some chicken breast last night and here are the pics. Does anyone now a trick to keep the temps up? I went from 260 to 185 while I put in the 2 tray for the 5 beast. I cooked them for 2 hours at 185-255 and then popped them in the oevn at 400 for 20 minutes. They turned out great.

Please let me know how long on the OBS to cook the nugets and at wat temp.

Thanks

Steve

PS how do you attach a PIC

mikecorn.1

Quote from: slickfuzz on October 06, 2011, 12:20:04 AM
I need Help, I am cooking my first set of nugget with stew meat on the OBS. I am using Cabela's jerky mix and I have no idea how long to cook them or at what temp. I did smoke some chicken breast last night and here are the pics. Does anyone now a trick to keep the temps up? I went from 260 to 185 while I put in the 2 tray for the 5 beast. I cooked them for 2 hours at 185-255 and then popped them in the oevn at 400 for 20 minutes. They turned out great.

Please let me know how long on the OBS to cook the nugets and at wat temp.

Thanks

Steve

PS how do you attach a PIC

Posting pics
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=768#post768

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

DTAggie

I do 1 hour at about 160* to dry the nuggets, then 2 hrs of smoke on the nuggets at 160* then up to 170* to 180* until done.  Could take as long as 6 hrs total.

The temp will always drop when you put cold meat in.