15 lbs of Summer Sausage ................ To Go!

Started by classicrockgriller, October 10, 2011, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Used  Lem's Summer Sausage seasoning for 10 lbs of SS.

Made an extra 5 lbs with and added three Tbs of crushed Red Pepper Flakes and a Tbs of Cayene

Smoke starts at Midnight my time.

SiFumar

northof60girl

Yes, he has...!  All looks good though.  Can't wait to see the finished product.  What is that on the outside of the summer sausage (brown casings?). 

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SiFumar on October 10, 2011, 09:12:54 PM
You have been busy!

I won't stuff anymore Sausage till I get a motor for my stuffer.

Quote from: northof60girl on October 10, 2011, 09:14:42 PM
Yes, he has...!  All looks good though.  Can't wait to see the finished product.  What is that on the outside of the summer sausage (brown casings?). 

Same as the clear. Called mahogany casings.

SouthernSmoked

Dang Sonny! You have been very busy.

Welcome to the Summer Sausage Countdown! ;D
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

jiggerjams

classicrockgriller

cobra6223

Man don't you sleep. Although it is 2 AM here and have 10# of snack sticks in the smoker!! Should be done by 3 AM I hope, I have to work tomorrow. Tim

classicrockgriller

Quote from: cobra6223 on October 11, 2011, 12:02:39 AM
Man don't you sleep. Although it is 2 AM here and have 10# of snack sticks in the smoker!! Should be done by 3 AM I hope, I have to work tomorrow. Tim

You have it as bad as the rest of Us. ;D

Sailor

Sure glad you have a big boy smoker for all that load your doing.  Looking good my friend.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 10, 2011, 09:28:58 PM
I won't stuff anymore Sausage till I get a motor for my stuffer.

The Daughter made you turn your own crank didn't she!! HAHAHA Not only is she a looker she gots some smarts too!! :P :P ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

WOW!!! might be called summer sausage, but it looks like you are puttin in supplies for the winter...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet
Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet
Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet?  :) :D ;D ::)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on October 11, 2011, 07:35:13 AM
Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet Are they done yet?  :) :D ;D ::)

They probably got started at 12:30 with an 1 1/2 dry time. 140* and smoke started at 2:00.

They are getting close ............ 148*