Modding my OBS

Started by Karaokegod01, October 03, 2011, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karaokegod01

I was thinking about modding my obs with a second heating element but do not know where to start. What do I need to buy? Directions for installation? Does this void Warranty? If anyone could help me out that would be great  Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

I don't know if it will void your warranty, but most manufacturers will void the warranty once you make a modification. I would suspect it would void it.

Depending on your model here are the links for the mods:

Additional Element for the DBS

Additional Element for the OBS w/ Optional On/Off Switch

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Karaokegod01

Wow seems like a pain to do all this I think since I know nothing about electricity I will just stick with 1 element or just use a pid and daisy chain from 1 element to the other

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Karaokegod01 on October 03, 2011, 01:56:16 PM
Wow seems like a pain to do all this I think since I know nothing about electricity I will just stick with 1 element or just use a pid and daisy chain from 1 element to the other
Depending on what you are doing, the single factory is fine. I've had mine for two years and I notice when I load Bradley down with slot of stuff, it's hard to get the temp up and forget about opening it to rotate racks. You can combat the heat loss a bit with some tricks. I am planning on doing mine soon. I got the extra element on hand to dual it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Karaokegod01 on October 03, 2011, 01:56:16 PM

It's not that difficult, but you will need a PID with either option you choose. If you are going to daisy chain, and you have the OBS you should by pass the temperature controller, as an added precaution.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)