Special Blend RULES!!!

Started by Smoking Alligator, October 18, 2011, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Alligator

I got two boxes of special blend briquettes.. Fantastically enough they seem to work great with everything.  Chicken, ribs, tri tips, even beef tenderloin.  I strongly recomend them!!!

DTAggie

Great.  Have never used them myself.

mikecorn.1

Have never used them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Alligator on October 18, 2011, 08:51:31 PM
I got two boxes of special blend briquettes.. Fantastically enough they seem to work great with everything.  Chicken, ribs, tri tips, even beef tenderloin.  I strongly recomend them!!!

You don't get out much do you?? :o It has been rumored but not proven that the special blend is the scraps they sweep up at the end of the day when the barrel is full they run them scraps through the puck maker. You keep using them though that makes more Hickory for me! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cajunboudreaux

HEHE,, What TenPoint said!! ;D
Laissez les bon temps rouler

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 19, 2011, 08:21:12 AM
Quote from: Smoking Alligator on October 18, 2011, 08:51:31 PM

You don't get out much do you?? :o It has been rumored but not proven that the special blend is the scraps they sweep up at the end of the day when the barrel is full they run them scraps through the puck maker. You keep using them though that makes more Hickory for me! ;D

So what.  I like bologna and its made the same way ;D ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

special blend is my go to bisquette for anything i do not  want a  strong   or  sweet  smoke on

SiFumar

Special blend on chicken is good!  But I use Hickory the most.

viper125

Special blend to me is like apple a pretty light smoke. I have tried most of them. Just keep going back to hickory for about everything. I love my smoke.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Sailor

Don't know nuttin bout the special blend.  I use Hickory for my smokes.  Have tried Oak but Hickory still rules in my book.  Was low on Hickory and just placed an order with Yard and Pool for a 120 box of Hickory and want to try the Pecan so ordered a 120 box of that.  Heard good things about the "new" wink wink Whiskey Oak so I ordered a 120 pack of it too.  Don't reckon I will be able to comment on the special blend any time soon  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

I used special blend on jerky once and did not like the smoke flavor, I will have to give it another try on chicken or something. wife got me two boxes of the stuff by mistake :o

Smoking Alligator

Indeed Hickory is by far the most popular.  Great on red meats and poultry. I personally think hickory can be a bit strong on cheese, fish and other light meats.  Special Blend for some reason gives you a lighter hickory taste that can be used on absolutely everything.  Red meats require a little extra smoke but ends up with a mellow hickory taste.  I also heard the rumor of it being scraps so I tried it a few times with chicken, the smoke smell is always the same and the taste is quite similar each and every time so I have my doubts of the scraps rumor.  I also have a WSM and have tried different types of wood chips and chunks.  All good but special blend is unique. I couldnt say it is my favorite but deffinitely goes good with everything.  It definitely gives bradley a special edge in comparison to other smokers and I strongly recomend trying it.  If you have any doubts or are uncertain on what briquettes will work well with what your making... simple answer SPECIAL BLEND....

viper125

Quote from: Sailor on October 19, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
Don't know nuttin bout the special blend.  I use Hickory for my smokes.  Have tried Oak but Hickory still rules in my book.  Was low on Hickory and just placed an order with Yard and Pool for a 120 box of Hickory and want to try the Pecan so ordered a 120 box of that.  Heard good things about the "new" wink wink Whiskey Oak so I ordered a 120 pack of it too.  Don't reckon I will be able to comment on the special blend any time soon  ;D

Sailor Let us know on that whiskey Oak sounds interesting. Going to be ordering more pucks soon.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.