1st porkbutt

Started by pumazjoe, October 19, 2011, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumazjoe

I have been busy remodeling my kitchen and hadn't had time to get back to my new found love for smokin'. This past weekend lent itself well to get back in the saddle, especially since we were without an oven for a few days. Had about a 7 pound pork butt calling my name in the freezer. Had to use a modified Jans Rub since I didn't have everything on the list. But I tell you what it was still awesome! Omitted a mustard slather, just put the rub fresh on the pork. Stuck it in the smoker at 8pm Friday night. Smoked it for about 4 hours with mesquitte (only pucks I had) and switched out the small circular drip pan with a 2.5 inch deep pan that fit perfectly into the smoker(of course filled with water). Didn't want to have to wake up during the night to change out the pan. It went until about 11:30am the next morning until it reached 195. The Bradley never dropped below 200 and never went above 245 - had alarms set at both temps.  I was at work, so the wife had to pull it out and FTC the bad boy. Got home about 3, still pipping hot, and began shredding the meat. Added some cider vinegar, red pepper, etc (forgot everything on that list). And then enjoyed the goodness!
rubbed and ready!

After FTC - couldn't get pics right away

Shredded and ready

I tell you what, it was even better the next day! Have another 7 pounder sitting in the freezer ready for me. Also got some briskett I will have to try soon! Any thoughts on the Briskett??

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Sailor

OH YEAH!  Looks like a winner to me.  Set the hook boys and reel him in  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ghost9mm

Yes Sir that is definitely a winner pork butt...well done...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Yep. That's a winner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Caneyscud

Man does that ever look good.  Just begging to be put between two pieces of bread! 

"Any thoughts on the Briskett??"

Man, I think about brisket all the time! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

That does look really good. Slap some in a soft shell with a couple shots of hotsauce and or BBQ sauce. Poke Tacos!! I to think about Briskets on a regular basis
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar