Starting of the air dry with a fan.

Air dried.

Into the Smoker.

Smoker is off.

Salmon done and cooling down.

Happy Smoking

Mr Walleye

Looks absolutely perfect Fisher!  8)

It doesn't get any better than that!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

zueth

What is the pan right below the vent for?

Fisher

Hi zueth to answer your question.

The Pan just below the damper/vent is to catch the black dripping know as creosote.  On the island the humidity is quit high at this time of year.  I like the salmon moist so I run the damper at 25 to 30% open.  At this opening there is more moisture and the drippings occur.  Keep in mind I'm new at this and I'm experimenting

Happy Smoking

zueth

Quote from: Fisher on October 21, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
Hi zueth to answer your question.

The Pan just below the damper/vent is to catch the black dripping know as creosote.  On the island the humidity is quit high at this time of year.  I like the salmon moist so I run the damper at 25 to 30% open.  At this opening there is more moisture and the drippings occur.  Keep in mind I'm new at this and I'm experimenting

Interesting I have never had problems with the black rain.  Remember to clean the vent after smoking.  I always run the vent all the way open.  I have done large loads of salmon with vent open and it does not dry out the fish.  I think you will find after using the Bradley a bunch the vent will be stuck all the way open.  Did you follow the bradley instructions for hot smoking fish?  because by the looks of the fish it looks like the temp might of been a little high.

Mr Walleye

Fisher

That's an excellent idea if you have humidity/black rain issues. I never have problems here in Sask. It's rarely humid out. As the others indicated you may find you can run the vent wider open. Trial and error is the best way to find what works best for your situation and hey... you get to eat all the great goodness too!

Did you use Kummok's recipe?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes