What do you have to do to get some...

Started by C_Steele, May 11, 2004, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Steele

decent service from Bradley????

I have problems with my smoker and I've emailed Bradley, called them and left a message and they still haven't got back to me yet!  What gives?

The problems with the smoker are:

1) Temperature knob fell off the first time I touched it!
2) The feeder doesn't feed the bisquette which left this piece of burnt out wood smoldering, and the second one burning.  The smoldering bisquette left a terrible taste in my smoked Salmon!
3) The power cord cracked right at the plug!

You know problems happen but where is the customer service from Bradley??  Not impressed!

CS

Bassman

C
I am suprised to hear Bradley never got back to you. My smoke generator broke and when I called their customer service I talked to someone right away and they sent me a new one in a couple of days. My advice is to keep calling the CS number until you talk to someone.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

whitetailfan

Holy Cow what a lemon!!!
I've never heard of so many problems with a single unit before.
I recommend keep trying also - I've had no problems yet, but a couple of dealers I know have had to get replacement parts, and they say Bradley was top notch...

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

msiler

<i>2) The feeder doesn't feed the bisquette which left this piece of burnt out wood smoldering, and the second one burning. The smoldering bisquette left a terrible taste in my smoked Salmon!
</i>

You do realize that the last three bisciuts do not advance. Hence Chez's Bubba pucks. Also i doubt that the smodering biscuit is to blame for the taste as I never had that problem even before I made my advancing pucks.

When in doubt smoke it.

Oldman

This is not a flame. Sorry but I have dealt with Bradley and I can only say I have good faith doubt concerning this thread.  

I, like some here, have had some things break or go wrong. Never have I seen a company try so hard to make sure I stayed happy with their product. Never have I seen a posting of such a statement concerning their customer service.

Again this is not a flame, but I would just about bet a dime to a dollar there is more to this than has been posted.  
Olds.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Agreed Olds,

I can't get an answering machine if I want to. Someone always answers the phone during bidness hours. I have figured out though, that since they're so close to the border, they tend to "celebrate" both Canadian & US holidays![:D]

CS, if you email me the details, I will be happy to go to bat for you. The type of service you describe is so very unlike the company I've dealt with for years. In my mind, there has to be some misunderstanding somewhere.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Chez,
I just dropped an E-mail to him, advising him to check this thread.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

C_Steele

Listen guys, I really don't care what you think, okay.  Your talking like you think I'm full of sh*t.  

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and when I called several times I all I ever got was an answer machine!  I left a message once and they never called me back!   Perhaps I didn't catch them during business hours.  I still emailed them with pictures and they never contacted me back even though they had plenty of time to do so.  End of story!  Don't get your hackles up because someone criticizes Bradley. Just because you guys may have had a good experience with service doesn't mean every single person will have the same experience!

msiler wrote:

"You do realize that the last three bisciuts do not advance. Hence Chez's Bubba pucks. Also i doubt that the smodering biscuit is to blame for the taste as I never had that problem even before I made my advancing pucks."

I know that the last three bisquettes do not advance.  As I explained my problem is the machine does not advance at all, ever.  It was a simple problem -it didn't work!  Even when I press the advance button - nothing!  Also, because the bisquette on the hot plate was left there smoldering away until is was nothing but ashes, I believe this may have caused a rancid flavor to my fish.  Bradley even advertises this is the whole reason the bisquettes are advanced into water (i.e. to extingush it quickly).  Are you saying this is bull?  Would you suggest they not advertise this then?

This is info is off this web site:

"...20 minutes each so that the temperature does not fluctuate, thus eliminating the high temperature gases, acids and resins that can distort the flavor of smoked food."

Olds, I'm not sure why you emailed me! Eventually I was going to check this thread again.  I'm not sure what you expected but there is no way I am taking back what I said!

However I do have some good news, I finally got through to them yesterday.  The first lady I spoke to could hardly speak english so I couldn't understand her, the second lady I spoke to said they will "send me some parts."  I'm not sure how this is going to work (i.e. I will have to take my unit apart and replace parts?) But, now I'll just wait and see what happens.

Oldman

Sir,

I'm glad to hear you got someone on the phone.  I E-mailed you as Chez offered to help you. My E-mail was a time-line effort to bring his offer quickly to your attention. Nothing more, Sir.

What you post here is your business. However, I'm a little lost. You stated: <font color="green">As I explained my problem is the machine does not advance at all, <b><i><font color="red">ever.</b></i></font id="red"></font id="green">  I take it from this statement that right out of the box the unit did not work.  Is this correct?
Olds

C_Steele

The bisquette feeder seem to work at first, then it seemed intermittent, then it stopped working all together.  At times I was sure the thing waited longer than 20 minutes before advancing the next bisquette.  But anyway now it doesn't advance them at all.

Anyway, for now this is a dead issue for me.  I will wait and see what they send me.  Sorry for sounding upset but this really annoys me when I spend hundreds of dollars on something and it doesn't work.  Hopefully this has been resolved with Bradley.

Oldman

Sir,
We all understand frustration. Last year I purchased a name brand color laser printer that just one day out of the box took a dump.  Things happened.   Please keep us informed.
Olds

BTW Weclome to the forums.

msiler

I apologize if you took offense to my post, many new users have asked about the last three biscuits... and I assumed that to be the case since without the advance working at all there would have been no biscuit on the plate.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for the flavor thing.... I agree they really should not advertise that since as the unit is sold it leaves the last biscuits on the burner. But i can't tell the difference between the last biscuit advancing and not.

I hope that your troubles with Bradley are solved quickly and you can enjoy you purchase fully

When in doubt smoke it.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by C_Steele</i>
<br />Listen guys, I really don't care what you think, okay.  Your talking like you think I'm full of sh*t.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mr. Steele,

A) If you don't really care what we think, why are you bothering to post? This is a community of smoking fans that enjoy helping each other out & sharing their personal experiences.

B) I see no comment in anyone's post that would lead me to the conclusion that they think you are "full of sh*t". I see a lot of people, who for no personal gain for themselves, have opted to try & help you through your particular problem with constructive suggestions.

C)Olds emailed you in order to help <b>YOU</b> get your problem solved faster because he enjoys his smoker & wants to spread the joy with all on this board. To berate him for that is not in keeping with our community standards.

D) If you actually took the time to read the posts on this board, you would see that none of us are shills for Bradley. There are some issues and we have voiced them. Neither the members or I can control what Bradley does or doesn't do. We just happen to think this is the best smoker we've ever tried & like to talk to others who feel the same way.

E) If your generator was not feeding bisquettes, why did you not notice this when you seasoned it? If it was defective, you should have addressed the problem before smoking your salmon.

F) I might regret this, but if you do not receive what you expect from Bradley service, I still keep my offer of going to bat for you open.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

ChefJeff

Kirk,[^][^]-you are either a glutton for pain or one of the truly nice guy's in the world.I opt for #2.[^][^]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

MallardWacker

Like Chef Jeff Says: "SMOKIN and SPOKEN"

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...