Smoked some cheese

Started by Smokertime, October 24, 2011, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokertime

Cold smoked various cheeses tonight. 2 hours apple,temperature in unit was 48 degrees.Put in fridge tonight and vacuum pack tomorrow.

now into fridge & package up tomorrow

"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

classicrockgriller

Wouldn't wait to long to pkg them, the fridge will start to dry them out.

Is a really nice selection of cheese.

You will love it in 30 days.

SiFumar

What CRG said!  Hopefully you covered them at least with plastic wrap....otherwise the whole refrigerator will smell of smoke too.

Smokertime

Thanks for the advise classicrockgriller. The cheese has been packaged up  & now the waiting begins.

Whats the plan,wait min 3 weeks, longer duration better?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

classicrockgriller

Was told the first time I smoked cheese 21 days is the min.

But also was reading where everyone loved it, so two weeks later I did more.

Now I let my cheese in waiting go longer and it sure is good.

Makes a great gift to a special person.

Try it after 21 days and if it seems harsh, just re package it and wait longer.

You may want to smoke some soon for Christmas gifts. They will love it.

viper125

I was just reading a article the other day that smoked and let set and try in 24 hours, I had to chuckle. I'd sure like to be there when they want to throw it out. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

CoreyMac

Quote from: viper125 on October 25, 2011, 08:27:05 AM
I was just reading a article the other day that smoked and let set and try in 24 hours, I had to chuckle. I'd sure like to be there when they want to throw it out. LOL

Reminds me of a funny thing the wife did this summer. I've been using a smoker for years but she is pretty new to it. We were putting the equipment away one night and she got some of the smoke oil on her finger, no problem (she thought) we smoke food with it right? Licked her finger, wow funniest face I have ever seen, into the house, mouth wash ;D