jerky racks

Started by anthony, October 27, 2011, 04:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

I just got some jerky racks.  I put them in the dishwasher just like my normal racks and they came out rusty.  I thought these where teflon coated and shouldn't rust.  I didn't even get to use them yet. Is this normal or does everyone handwash thier racks?

MidKnightRider

I've always hand washed my jerky racks.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

Quarlow

Doh I wish you had come here and inquired about the racks before you bought them. You would have been warned off of them. Most guys would suggest regular racks with frogmats. Way better result.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

I have a set and I hand wash mine, and I don't recall seeing any washing instructions, so they should have been safe in the dishwasher. The teflon coating peels doesn't hold up over time, but they should have lasted longer then one cycle through the dishwasher.  I would try to return them to the place I purchased them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

anthony

Thanks guys

I will be trying to return them and I will get another set of regular racks.

I looked at the box and there are no washing instructions so I assumed I could dishwasher them, oops.