received a box ...Again

Started by beefmann, November 02, 2011, 06:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

since i had done bacon, been wanting a  slicer, then again i have been wanting one for a  while and yesterday  this  box showed  up

and of course  like the rest of  us ... had to open it wouldn't you   know it  it has   something in it... a slicer  with additional  blades, both  serrated and non serrated blades  so  looks  like i can slice almost  anything.

front view out of the box

side view

back view

cant wait to try it.... may have to do some  more  bacon

Tenpoint5

Put the smooth blade in right away. Will make things a whole lot easier IMHO
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Niiiiiiiice.

You break that baby in yet?

Sailor

Slicers are nice.  Looks like you are all fixed up for slicing bacon, jerky, turkey and hams.  Would love to see some shots of it in action.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

squirtthecat

ratherbboating

Question on slicers.  Read some of the part threads on slicers and most say that the Chefs 610 is the best bang for the buck.  Do ya'll agree?  Or should I look at something else.  Thanks
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

jiggerjams

I don't own one of the Chef's choice slicers but I have heard a llot of good about them. If you are considering it and you live in Canada let me know and I will send you a link to a good place to consider buying from.

ghost9mm

Nice slicer, the only I would tell is to be extra careful, they will jump up and bite you... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

the chefs 610 slicer is 100 watts where as kalorik is 200 watt  giving you  twice the cutting  power for about the same price

viper125

I have the 610 and really enjoy it. Seems to have enough power for us. Has cut everything we tried so far. It tears down easy for cleaning and goes back together easy. I bought both the smooth and serrated blades but really don't know why. I use the serrated for everything.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ratherbboating

Thanks...
I ordered the Kalorik from Amazon.  Price and general comments on this and other models made my mind up.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

ArnieM

Nice slicer beefman.  I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

I have the exact same setup as viper.  I agree with 10.5 in that I don't use the serrated blade much.  The smooth blade can produce paper thin slices.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

viper125

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 02, 2011, 06:57:52 AM
Put the smooth blade in right away. Will make things a whole lot easier IMHO

I keep hearing this! What differences does it make? I have the 610 and so far it's done good with the serrated blade.  Did have a tough time on some fatty bacon but figured its the nature of the beast. Just curious if It would help me or not.
Inside setup.

ArnieM

Quote from: viper125 on November 11, 2011, 12:22:12 PM
Just curious if It would help me or not.

There's one way to find out  ;D  I used the serrated blade when I first got the 610 and then switched to the plain blade.  I've heard you can slice thinner.

Slicers aside, the only time I use a serrated knife is on bread or over ripe tomatoes.  I prefer a real sharp plain blade for just about everything else.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

viper125

Well thanks i'll try it next time. I just really never changed even though I ordered my smooth blade extra. Seems they said it cut thinner also.
Inside setup.