Smoked Deer Sausage

Started by mason, December 23, 2005, 12:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason

I think I'am getting a Bradley for Christmas. I have been using a Weber WSM for several years. The main reason I wanted a Bradley  was so that I could  smoke all of my deer meat. Can I cold smoke with the Bradley? I will be making various types of sausages. Any help will be appreciated.

JJC

Hi Mason,

Welcome to the Forum!  The best way to cold smoke cheese, lox, nuts, etc. is to use the following very simple setup as an adjunct to the BS:

http://www.johnwatkins.co.uk/personalpages/coldsmoking.htm

Use the box your BS comes in to do this.  It keeps the cabinet temp to within 5F of ambient.  Good luck, and let us know how things turn out!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

headgames

DEER        did someone say  DEER......... thats my main reason for my bradley. Making consistant edible venison products .(had some I threw out in the past learning curve ya know lol ) I have found quite a few very good recipies using your own spices and 90 % venison abd 10% beef fat ..... right up my alley  CHEAP to produce and awsome in flavor . most butchers will give you beef fat they throw most of it out any way I have one good friend thats a butcher   12 pack of old style beer about every year and I walk In any time and he has select pieces froze for me to pick up. need help just e-mail me glad to share the recipes

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

mason

Yeah I got it.So much deer meat to use and so many recicies. Will be a fun winter.

headgames

Yes it will , Thank god I live in wisconsin who's DNR looks at deer almost like a pest $12.00 you can buy anterless tags NO LIMIT to how many you can buy.
10 deer in the freezer no shortage of smoking meat. Kind of nice experimenting with recipes with little investment.

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

Ozarkian

Its about taht time again! I can't wait. ;D