15 lbs. Cold Smoked Chops

Started by kickedback, November 02, 2011, 06:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickedback

Got a great buy on some pork tenderloins the other day. Cut them up into 1 - 1 1/4 inch chops. Sprinkled with course sea salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Filled up

5 Racks. Put in OBS for 2 hours of apple smoke. Plan on freezing most of them for later finishing on the grille. I have done this many times before , but never

froze them before. Hope that works out. Usually toss in fridge for a day and finish on the grille. This seems to be everyone's favorite. Nice and juicy with plenty of

smoky flavor.

Quarlow

Not to knitpic KB, but what you have is actually PORK LOIN. Tender loins are alot smaller and a heck of a lot more money. I think they come from along the back.  But those are nice loins. And those are perfect for making Canadian Back bacon.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

kickedback

Q, thanks for the correction, don't consider it knitpicking. For some reason I say tenderloin, I think it's a generic term with me or something. I just made some Canadian Bacon out of another pork loin the other night. I see my wife brought home a tenderloin the other night. Guess i'll have to figure out what to do with that.

All smoked and ready for the freezer.

Quarlow

Love that CBB, and when you see the price in the store it makes it taste even better.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.