1st Canadian Bacon

Started by kickedback, November 03, 2011, 06:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickedback

Did my 1st Canadian Bacon this week. I started out with Habanero's recipe and added some black pepper to it. Went with 2 hours of Maple and took IT to 143.

FLBentRider

Looking good!

I need to do some more CB.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Sailor

Nice job!  I have never tried the CB but it is on my to do list.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

I think you nailed it, Nice job!!!

bears fan

Yum!  Some saltine crackers and a beer and you got a great snack.  I would like some right now with my beer.

Quarlow

Nice.     You fry a couple slices, fry an egg, put a slice of cheese on it, stick it on an english muffin and you have the best "Egg Mcmuffin" you ever eat. Add some fried onion to it and some spices and maybe fried mushrooms if you like them and they won't want "Rotten Ronalds" ever again.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SiFumar

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Heck Yeah !!! what Q said...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

viper125

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

jiggerjams

I can only hope for your success. I have about 25 lbs Canadian bacon and 12 lbs of 10.5 bacon curing as I type. I hope to post pics but the camera is my wifes that I bought for her and we are not seeing eye to eye right now. :(

Quarlow

Jigs, I tell you what you need to do buddy, and trust me this will work. And remember, I have never steered you wrong yet have I. You march right in to the room buck naked and ask to use her camera. I am betting once she stops laughing she will be more than happy to lend you her camera, .......as long as she can watch. Trust me.  :o ;D :-[
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

kickedback

Quarlow

There's the money shot. ya baby

OBS
BBQ

viper125

yes! now that looks like my type of breakfast sandwich.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.