Chris... How is the shoulder...TenPoint..

Started by ghost9mm, November 09, 2011, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Haven't heard much lately about the shoulder, how you healin partner, I know that rehab is a bugger, sure hope everything is OK...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

It hurts like hell. The doc sent me back to work on light duty and I am now getting up and going to work at 5 am in the morning. I just can't get used to the hours. I have worked nights for most of my adult life and have been working 12 hour nights for the last 8 years. I wont even begin to talk about going to the F*&^)^(*^)( Physical TERRORIST!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 09, 2011, 04:10:30 PM
F*&^)^(*^)( Physical TERRORIST!!
Hey now...  we ain't like super-duper-undercover code breakers here...
Are you saying some nice young lady is helping you do things you don't want to?

Is she red-headed
(inquiring Texans want to know!!!)
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pensrock

Hope it gets easier soon. PT can be tough.

I'm on my second week of PT. Two more to go then we'll see how I do at work. We do not have light duty so I got to be able to do everything as soon as I return. I got my doubts but what can I do? The hands are coming along pretty good but the elbows are a problem. It will be difficult to get up at 4AM again for work but after a week or two it should not be too bad. I just hope I can do the job 100% and if not they do not use it against me and try to get rid of me. Believe me I would not put it past them. The owners son is now running the place and he doesn't care how long you worked there or what you have done for the company over all those years. He expects things to be done withen a period of time and if not done, your to blame weather you have physical problems or not. All this from someone who has never worked a day in his life. Sorry for the rant.

Quarlow

That sucks Pens. Hope it works out for you. I could not work somewhere like that. After 24 yrs as a trucker I am a bit independent in how I do my work. Luckily they just tell me what to do and never how to get it done. But I have clashed with a few employers in my time and I may have gotten the satisfaction I was looking for but I usually ended up on the unemployment line. But I have never been scared of that.
Chris, Hope you feel better soon. I know you know I have been there recently so I know what you are going threw. Just keep telling yourself in will get better every day. Hang in there buddy.

P.S. Is it just me or have my posts seemed to emphasize the fact that I know or someone else knows that they know I know you know what I know, if you know what I mean.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Quote from: Quarlow on November 10, 2011, 04:48:44 PM
That sucks Pens. Hope it works out for you. I could not work somewhere like that. After 24 yrs as a trucker I am a bit independent in how I do my work. Luckily they just tell me what to do and never how to get it done. But I have clashed with a few employers in my time and I may have gotten the satisfaction I was looking for but I usually ended up on the unemployment line. But I have never been scared of that.
Chris, Hope you feel better soon. I know you know I have been there recently so I know what you are going threw. Just keep telling yourself in will get better every day. Hang in there buddy.

P.S. Is it just me or have my posts seemed to emphasize the fact that I know or someone else knows that they know I know you know what I know, if you know what I mean.
Q, I think I might have told you this one before...  But my daddy (car hauler) told the dispatcher (snotty-nosed son of the owner) once that he couldn't take the load he had on the route they told him.  The smart-alec told him him to just shut up and drive the truck (in front of witnesses).  So, with brand new F-150s, front to back on the top rack, he laid down a little extra on the pedal when he hit that overpass.  "You call, we haul".  Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

I love it. I got screwed by the bosses son once. He thought he was a tough guy and his cronys would back him up. With the first shot to his chin coming ffrom seemingly thin air, he hit the ground and never got up. When I turned around the see who was next it seemed we were all alone. I actually never worked in that town again. But not cause of that. I moved back home to buy my first truck.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Hang in there Chris.  Probably better now at your young age rather than in 5 or 10 years.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Guys, if I could take some of that pain for you I would.  I have a fly fishing buddy who is in his 4th week of PT for his shoulder surgery.  I shudder when he talks about it!  The one good thing about knowing about ya'lls PT is that it does make my sore shoulder not feel so bad!   ;D  So in a round about way you are helping others.

Q - After managing the construction business for 33 years, I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to do that - and truth be told, I'm sure a number of people have wanted to do that to me!  I am ashamed to say that after one rather particularly pronunounced, long, heated, and did I say loud, azzchewing by my boss, while walking down the hall back to my office I proceeded to put my fist through the wall.  My work mates made me sign the hole and then they hung a picture over it.  I worked another 10 years there  The hole is supposedly still there 25 years later.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

viper125

Chris, Hope that shoulder is getting better. I really appreciated talking to you on the venison the other day. It helped a lot. What I always say, this place has a lot of good people willing to help and console. Well get to therapy and get working, hurts bad I know,(been there a few times) But it does help.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.