a "How Do I Do This? posting board

Started by Oldman, December 27, 2005, 12:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Hey all...

I've been given some thought at adding a <b>"How Do I Do This?"</b> posting board to the recipe site.

This will not be about smoking. It will be smoke related. For Example: How to create a PID controller. How to change out the drive motor for the generator. This should not be limited to the Bradley box either. There are several great boxes members have made using the Bradley generator. It could be your step by step of how you bone out pork butt. Or it could be something concerning why you air dry your fish before you smoke it. Sometimes just saying in a posting that you dry your fish is not nearly as effective as showing why. A picture before and a picture after the drying. Or the next time someone messes up the salmon by smoking it to hot and all of those lovely white looking worms show up that would be a great image to help explain why we don't smoke hotter than such and such a temperature.

Of course this will all have to come from the members here and we will need photos. I think you all have the idea so what you say let's get together and create a <b>How Do I Do This? </b>posting board.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nodak

Great, But I'm not that computer literate to help you with setting it up.  

I also would like to see Chez offer the sale of these items(e.g. motor, PID controller, ect.) on his site. He could source them from cheapest place and maybe get quantity discounts than mark them up enough to make it worth it for him.  He could make-up kits, this way we wouldn't have to hunt to find them.  Chez makes $$$$$'s and we have one-stop shopping.  I'm assuming Chez isn't allergic to making $'s[:D].  What do you think oldman?  How about it Chez[?]

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

owrstrich

im in...

cause we gotts to eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

iceman

Great idea Olds. I am already working on one of the first postings as you know. As far as nodak says I'm willing to stock pile parts if Chez has legal obligations with Bradley about replacement items. I have all the sources set in place for sync. motors, advance switches, micro switches, high temp wire protectors, etc. I don't have a clue about selling over the net though. Oh well it's a thought.

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

IKnowWood

I would agree.  What I also think to add to the content would be the pre-heating methods that I think Olds discussed about 1 hour prep, and other steps.  I have been using that and I think it helps.  I also add some brick pieces to help raise the heat back up.

so from that I see two topics, one with "Pre-heat and load methods to support easy recover" and another for "Maintaining heat when you NEED to open the cabinet"

But also think other things like product quality and spices, and diferentiation of sources and all about that.  I know some is already on the Recipe site but you can pull the non-recipe item to this new area.

Good idea...

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

JJC

I like the iddea, Olds . . . I'm sure a number of items can be glenaed by members from some of their earlier posts, and having some of the really important things cross-referenced in a "How Do I . . . ?" topic, along with new things, would be great!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

i am in, just put together a cold smoking box set up. will try to work on some info and pic.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Muskwa

Sounds like a great idea! Something like this can not only help out the people new to the world of smoke, but those who have been enjoying it for years will also be able to learn a thing or two!

SMOKEHOUSE ROB