New finish on old cold smoke adapter & some smoked cheese

Started by Stickbowcrafter, November 13, 2011, 07:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickbowcrafter

Been using this home made cold smoke adapter for years.

Finally made it worthy to sit under my Bradley with a coat of water based black stain.

Just need a coat of water based poly and it will be complete. Got some cheese cold smoked including a chipotle jack that I have never seen before. Other two are NY cheddar and mozzarella.

Just about ready for the holidays.

-Brian

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Quarlow

Any problems with the wood charring as I see you don't have to burner inline with the pipe. I ask this cause there has been a bit of discussion about plywood or cardboard vs metal. Your answer should clear up a few questions.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Stickbowcrafter

Been using it for a few years and no charring. There obviously is some smoke staining in the pic but no charring. The top of the box is about 8 inches from the hot plate.

-Brian

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.