Mixed Salmon

Started by Keymaster, October 29, 2011, 08:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Well the Brother in law brought over some Salmon about a month ago and stuck it in my freezer and ask if I would smoke it for him. It is a mix of Chinook, king and maybe some coho. I soaked it in Kummocks Brine for 12 hours then gave it a good 4 hour fanning in the garage before settin it to smoke with 2 hours of Alder at 8AM. Its 43°F outside so I'm expecting the thicker hunks of salmon to be done about 5:30 pm this afternoon so I will post some finish pics then.  ;)

here it is all done

Brother in law came over and it was his birthday so it was perfect timing to smoke his salmon :)

SiFumar

That looks great!  I'm so envious when I see such nice fish.  Can't find it much here.

muebe

Great looking fish Key :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

tsquared

Looks great Key! I have the same mix--coho and spring--in the brine now. Hauled the boat out of the marina and put it to bed for the winter yesterday so now I have lots of time to smoke.
T2

Kummok

Scrumptious looking results KM! I'd be keeping that BIL on my "best friends" A-list...I'm certain that you must be on his!  :)

@T2...Oh No! Tell me it ain't so.....waaaay too early to pull the boat. We're still fishing up here and we just got our first "see it on the ground" snow. I like to use the "line consistently freezes solid to the rod guides" or "breaking too much ice getting outta the harbor" observations as a guideline for pulling the boat... ;) ;)

OU812

That there hunks of fish look gooood.

tsquared

Kummok--i know,I know--the beat goes on--there's still lots of coho out there and the winter springs are showing up--but there is this little thing called work that gets in the way! (Plus it's been a stellar year for springs and the freezer is full!)
T2

Kummok

LOL...Full freezer-O-salmon AND a job! Doesn't get much more secure than that....unless you woodpile is short?!?!?  ;)

tsquared

Nope--the wood pile is ready for the cold stuff. Well, compared to your neck of the woods maybe we get semi cold.
:D
T2

Fisher

That Salmon looks great Key. I think your DBS on wheels is cool.

Happy Smoking

ghost9mm

Key... ya done good, the salmon just looks real good...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Quote from: Fisher on November 16, 2011, 09:30:24 AM
That Salmon looks great Key. I think your DBS on wheels is cool.
Thanks Fisher, to the left out of view of the camera is one of them rubbermaid small tall vertical sheds I wheel it into when it not smoking. If it is raining when i smoke then I put it under cover where I took the picture from, works out well for now until I win the lottery ;D