Turkey Fundrasier

Started by mackjuju, November 17, 2011, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackjuju

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and apologize for any inconvenience as I know this is not a forum for actually cooking turkeys.  I am hosting a Thanksgiving turkey sale as a fundraiser for my school.  I am having difficulties trying to figure out how to safely store the cooked turkeys until the patrons arrive to pick them up, which could be up to 4 hours.  Also, many of the 80 turkeys we are cooking will be over 15 pounds, which I understand can be dangerous.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tenpoint5

Not sure if I would try doing and FTC for 4 hours on a Turkey.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mackjuju

would I be more successful, once the turkeys are finished to immediately place them in the fridge?  i understand they may be dry once re-heated, but I'd rather this be the case than to ruin someone's Thanksgiving by making them sick...again thanks for your help.

HSC5690

I personally would definitely refrigerate the turkeys as soon as possible after smoking to get the internal temperature down to a safe temp and if they are not to be eaten within a few hours or so I would suggest freezing them.

Habanero Smoker

Hi mackjuju;
Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to find any question about your turkeys or get a direct answer from the below site; either by email or phone. I use this site a lot during this time of year:

Butterball Turkey Talk-Line

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)