Author Topic: How much  (Read 3103 times)

Offline elweezo

How much
« on: November 18, 2011, 07:40:15 am »
I am a OBS user and my brother asked me how good the propane ones are and how much LP do they use..  Lets say in a 15 hr 225 degree smoke?

Told him U guys would know
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

Offline Quarlow

• Member Extraordinaire
  • Is Y'all one word or two?
Re: How much
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:28:01 pm »
I don't know nuttin' bout nuttin'.  ;D ;D LOL someone will be along soon who knows. NePaSmoker has one and a few other regulars.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Offline riversat

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:42:07 pm »
They say it will run at least 10 hours on a 1 lb cylinder.  I have one and love it.  It is in my camper.  I use a 20 lb tank and adapter so I never am concerned about running out.  I have a propane tree that allows me to connect several devices to a single cylinder....  Get them at a sporting goods store or Wal Mart.
Bradley BPS
Bradley BDS 4 rack
CharGriller Duo
Kingsford Smoker Box (as portable pit)
Love some good Q

Offline CoreyMac

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 08:29:47 am »
X2 on about 10 hrs. Any more and your gonna want to have a spare bottle ready. The propane units are great, they just require a little more tending than the electric units, the burners tend to go out in wind so you can't venture too far away from them. Its much better to retro fit them for a 20Lb BBQ tank if possible. Temp control is a little more difficult also because they are pretty much Hi/Low, once you get used to them there is a "grey area" in the gas valve to fine tune them. I love mine for the lake. Just not a set it and forget it kind of unit.

My 2 cents

Offline viper125

• Member Extraordinaire
  • My post is entirely my opinion and thoughts.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 08:48:17 am »
Looked at them before I bought my OBS. Looked pretty cheap. Just checked and amazon has them for around 68.00. May have to rethink it. Might be nice to have one in the Motor home. Cover warranty says 6 months you get to with it and 3 extra only 18.00. All in all can't see how you could lose. I mean it wouldn't be as be good as home but an acceptable smoker rather than transporting mine. How long does the batteries last in the SG?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Offline CoreyMac

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:45:53 am »
If you don't forget to turn off the puck advancer :-[. Mine lasted all summer, or in Canada 6 months.

Offline FLBentRider

• Member Extraordinaire
    • My Weather conditions
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:09 am »
My batteries last a while, IF you remember to take them out when you put it away.

Otherwise, the advance button gets bumped and you have dead batteries next time you use it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!