My Xmas Present is Broken

Started by alienbogey, December 29, 2005, 05:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alienbogey

My SS Bradley arrived 2 weeks before Xmas but my wife (who was giving it to me) made me wait to open it.  We opened it and the temp control slide to the meat box was broken.   [:(!]

Bummer.  

We had a fresh turkey all ready to go in it that ended up getting cooked in the oven.  The new Maverick remote temperature probe we got to go with the Bradley worked just fine in the oven, though.

Well, we'll see how the Bradley customer service is that most everyone says good things about.

JJC

Bummer is right, Alien!  I had a similar experience, but fortunately I opened mine in early December and had the problem rectified before Christmas.  I'm very confident that Bradley CS will come through like champs, even at this time of year!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

owrstrich

thru rough handeling my slider broke too... the metal piece and the plastic piece have both broken off but the slider still works...

i poke a ball point pen into where the metal piece used to be and can slide the temp up and down...

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

alienbogey, make sure you call them .dont email them.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />alienbogey, make sure you call them .dont email them.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
. . . what Rob says!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

alienbogey

WHAT GREAT SERVICE!

I called them yesterday, spoke with a very nice lady who quickly determined exactly what part to send and was told it was on the way.  I hung up figuring it would be at least a week coming from Canada to the US.

It arrived today.  They shipped it next day air.

I installed it and now have a power light and the temp controller appears to work fine.  It's raining hard so I'll season it tomorrow and figure out something for our first job.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Alienbogey,

Welcome to the forum. May take awhile for us West Coasters to fire things up with all the rain our way. Season that baby up and give us a report when you start crankin'

Arcs_n_Sparks

JJC

Not at all surprised, alien!  Who'd you speak with--Katie, Cassandra . . . ?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

Our first alien Bradley user[:D][:D][:D].  Word has really gotten out[8D][;)].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Our first alien Bradley user[:D][:D][:D].  Word has really gotten out[8D][;)].

Jeff

[:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Our first alien Bradley user[:D][:D][:D].  Word has really gotten out[8D][;)].

Jeff

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

alienbogey

I didn't get the name of the gal I spoke to - she was very helpful and knowledgeable, though.

I got it seasoned today, worked like a champ, although I was all over the lot trying to get it to the recommended seasoning temp - had the box as high as 275F.

Didn't have time to cook anything today, although we have a pork loin that is waiting it's chance, hopefully tomorrow.

JJC

With the box empty, the temp control is very sensitive (ie, changes fast and small movements of slider make a big difference) and hard to control.  The more you have in the BS, the easier it is to control the temp (ie, temp changes are slow, and movements of slider make more predictable changes in temp).  Don't worry about it -- you'll get the hang of it quickly. I watched my first dozen smokes like a hawk but then realized I had gotten the feel for how things worked.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA