1st go at ribs in the Bradley...with pics!

Started by chiroken, November 18, 2011, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiroken

Started BBQ'ing ribs this summer and love'em! Finally got around to having the time to smoke some today & holy smokes!!!!! Are they good!!!!!

This is what I did for 2 slabs of side ribs, basically followed the Sticky...

Thawed overnight and yesterday I removed membrane on bone side before spicing both sides with my 1st time made Spicy Jan's Rub (not really spicy though?). Wrapped in saran wrap and left overnight.

Today put in smoker at 12:15 at 230^ with 2 hrs of Apple smoke. Fought with the temp alot, ranged from 212-237 with me setting it at either 230^ or 240^. Total time in smoker = 6 hrs.

After 3 1/2 hrs (forgot about them for 1/2 hr, plan was 3 hrs) removed ribs and placed meat side down in double layer of tinfoil and added a splash of Santa Cruz Organic Apple Cider. Back in smoker for 1 1/2 hrs.

Removed from tinfoil and basted meat side (up) with Honey Garlic (for the kids) and Hot Southern Cajun (for us) Bull's Eye BBQ sauce and placed back on rack for additional 1 hr.

Results?

Fantastic! Very tender and very flavourful.

Improvements?

The one end of the rib slab where it is just meat and no bone was abit on the chewy side and abit overdone. Next time when placed into tinfoil I'll cut off this end section and put separately in tinfoil. Then I'll leave it in for an extra 1/2 hr before placing it back on the rack with the rest. Ends up 2hrs in foil and 1/2 hr out rather than 1 1/2 & 1 hr like the rest.

Hope you like the pics, as you all know, pics never do the flavour justice!

Ready to be removed from tinfoil:

Ready to go back into smoker after Bull's Eye BBQ sauce added.

Ready to hit the table!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Quarlow

Ooh yeah. Now those are some good looking ribs. You made me hungry and I just ate.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

mikecorn.1

Nice looking ribs. That's dome good color on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Sailor

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ArnieM

looks like the ribs came out great.  Nice plate.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

rigstar

very nice !!

was wondering what difference is between saucing them in
smoker vs. bbq, i have not done them in them smoker yet
just curious if there is a difference
either your in, or your in the f***ing way

muebe

Plate looks great! I would take one without the peas ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ArnieM

Speaking of ribs - I had to resurrect this post from ronbeaux.  They are without a doubt the best I've made.  The problem is that they need constant mopping, every 20-30 minutes.  I do them in the pellet machine at 235-240 because of the fast heat recovery.  However, someone faster than me could do them in the Bradley.  Might just take a little longer.

So, if you get in the mood for experimenting ...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17203.0
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Meat tooth

Awesome money shot! Bradleyized ribs are some of the best I've ever had!
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

ghost9mm

POW !!! ya knocked them ribs right out of the park, well done partner...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

chiroken

Thanks everyone! Today's goal (other than a mid day matinee for my daughter's 9th B-day) is to find a nice pork loin to do for the family B-day party tomorrow. Bacon weave wrapped stuff/layered pork loin is on the menu. Will be the 1st go around for this as well, looking forward to the faces when I present it on a platter!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.