2011 Bradley Forum Christmas Exchange I Got It Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 21, 2011, 06:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Caneyscud

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 30, 2011, 04:12:32 PM
I was waiting to see how long it would take for Caney to smell them freshly tied and released flies.
Lots of rain, lakes are up, lots of genning on the rivers - nothing else to do but think about fly fishing and daydream!  This time of year content on painting them rather than catching - have a Brookie on the board just about finished.  My next project.  Bamboo fly rod making!  But unfortunate for my gift buddy, my first one won't be done until well after the exchange!

Future bamboo fly rods - from China - it would be hard to imagine how much this bundle cost to buy and get here.  With all the tools, materials, etc... my first rod will cost $3K.  Only good thing is that the rest will be free!  ;D That bundle could yield 20 rods. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

viper125

Ever think on growing your own. I see a lot of it these days. Not sure if it would work or not. But don't see why not.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Caneyscud

Believe, me, I'm gonna try - already have tried to find where I can buy the variety.  It's a very specific variety grown in this very specific spot in china.  Supposed to have the greatest flexibility, thickness, long node length, less low branches, and better strength to weight ratio.  But like with most stuff like that is it 2% better or 175% better - you can't find out or at least I haven't.  Might be like the lady who would cut her turkey in half to cook it.  When her daughter got old enough and had a family herself her daughter asked her why she cut the turkey in half.  She did not know, just knew that was what her mother did.  So she asked her mother  Same answer.  So the grandmother was asked and she said simple - when she was young her mother did it and did it because the wood burning stove/oven she used the oven was too small and she had to cut the turkey in half to get it in.  Everybody was doing it just because that was the way her mother did, not for a reason.

Quote from: viper125 on December 01, 2011, 10:33:07 AM
Ever think on growing your own. I see a lot of it these days. Not sure if it would work or not. But don't see why not.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

DTAggie

ronbeaux

I got another box!! Thanks Deb415611! I can't wait to taste these :P

My box went out today with a ETA of the 5th.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

ghost9mm

I received a christmas box today from a good friend, Mike aka muebe, and I got some real good stuff and thank you and Merry Christmas to your whole family Mike...
That chicken and leg grill rack will work out real well on the new MAK as will the Jalapeno pepper rack...
the Bear Claws will see lots of pork butts...lol  and the Carolina Treet goes without saying is the best...
again...Thank You Mike...

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

Looks like some really nice gifts are starting to roll in. Great job everyone!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SamuelG

Great Gifts!

I catch myself calling home to see if I got a box.

😄😄😄

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Keymaster

Nice job Deb and Muebe, I would have been a happy camper with both those Gifts :) Awesome Job!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quarlow

Quote from: Caneyscud on December 01, 2011, 11:46:40 AM
Believe, me, I'm gonna try - already have tried to find where I can buy the variety.  It's a very specific variety grown in this very specific spot in china.  Supposed to have the greatest flexibility, thickness, long node length, less low branches, and better strength to weight ratio.  But like with most stuff like that is it 2% better or 175% better - you can't find out or at least I haven't.  Might be like the lady who would cut her turkey in half to cook it.  When her daughter got old enough and had a family herself her daughter asked her why she cut the turkey in half.  She did not know, just knew that was what her mother did.  So she asked her mother  Same answer.  So the grandmother was asked and she said simple - when she was young her mother did it and did it because the wood burning stove/oven she used the oven was too small and she had to cut the turkey in half to get it in.  Everybody was doing it just because that was the way her mother did, not for a reason.

Quote from: viper125 on December 01, 2011, 10:33:07 AMEver think on growing your own. I see a lot of it these days. Not sure if it would work or not. But don't see why not.
Here check this out. My buddy started growing it in his backyard. He traded with others online and then started selling to people and companys. He was making more money from it than he was from trucking and eventually had to sell his house and by a farm out in the valley. He now imports bamboo, roof thatch and furniture. He has many different varietys and sells large amounts to the Toronto zoo and to rich folks in the UAE and all around the world. www.bambooworld.com/
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

beefmann

great gifts cant wait till they are all  delivered

muebe

Your welcome Gary. I wanted to get you a pellet boss for your MAK but was a bit out if the Christmas Exchange budget ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812