2011 Bradley Forum Christmas Exchange I Got It Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 21, 2011, 06:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

MrsNepas

Hi Dave (DADAKOTA):  Thank you for the wonderful goodies.  I have already tasted the fudge.  It tastes great.  That is a good family tradition.   I can't wait to try out the seasonings and sauce.  Rick already has his eyes on them too.  I hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday Season.   

pensrock

QuoteGood to see that I wasn't the only one to forget to put my name in the package.
I'm guilty as well. I made a card to put in the box and ended up wrapping it and off to the post office. At the PO I realized the card was still at home and borrowed a sharpie and wrote on the outside of the box who I was. Hope they see it. LOL
Damm this getting old is no fun.  :o

RossP

Glad I am not the only one to forget to put the card inside ;)

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

GusRobin

Quote from: RFT on December 07, 2011, 12:36:34 PM
I had extra stuff to send too... Always next year. 8)
this year ain't over yet ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DADAKOTA

Glad it arrived.  Just a little taste of KC.  I think my wife is up to the 12th batch of fudge now.   Heard tell you liked to bake.   Enjoy and have a great Christmas.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: viper125 on December 07, 2011, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: RFT on December 06, 2011, 09:59:56 PM
Wow. Great gifts everyone.   20$ sure goes a long ways in different parts of the world😉😉😉😉
Kidding around fella's.   This forum is full of good generous people and I am glad I found you all. 

Merry christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the way I understand it. Is its more a minimum than max. But either way you are right. Great site and lots of generous people. Merry Christmas all. I'm looking forward to spending this year smoking with you all!

Yes I should of realized that was the min rather then max.... I had extra stuff to send too... Always next year. 8)

I also forgot the note inside the box..  Gus you are not alone on that one.

We have this little bit of confusion every year. The reason we set a $25 limit is we wanted a basic guideline for folks to follow. Figuring a $25 gift and most everyone uses a $10.95 USPS flat rate shipper. You as the sender could expect a $25 gift for the $25 gift you sent out.

However that usually only applies the first year you are involved with this whole ordeal. The next years you start gathering and hoarding stuff in January just waiting to send it out 20 minutes after I send you the name in late November. I hope this all makes sense.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: DADAKOTA on December 07, 2011, 04:23:23 PM
Glad it arrived.  Just a little taste of KC.  I think my wife is up to the 12th batch of fudge now.   Heard tell you liked to bake.   Enjoy and have a great Christmas.

So what is this family tradition we be speaking of?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Oh yeah I have my eyes on it yeah sure...LOL

She best watch out or her post goes POOFERS....HAHA

standles

Mmmmmmm time to go find some Shrimp and Flank Steak....

Thanks Rob for the wonderful gift you and your family sent.
The Fajita servers will be put to good use.  I have been wanting some for a while but there was always something else that I seemed to need more.     Looking forward to tasting the Saban Sauce  to see if it has as winning a taste as his football career.  ;D     The Melissa Sweet Rub smells awesome and probably tastes even better.

Thanks again for your gift and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Steven

DADAKOTA

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 07, 2011, 04:26:35 PM

My wife makes a pretty mean batch of fudge.  Through the years family and friends have fallen in love with it.  So every year for as long as I can remember she makes batch after batch of fudge and gives it out to family an friends, takes it to work, etc.  I think she completed batch 12 last night.  Folks have been known to hide it from their spouses.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: DADAKOTA on December 07, 2011, 05:35:34 PM

My wife makes a pretty mean batch of fudge.  Through the years family and friends have fallen in love with it.  So every year for as long as I can remember she makes batch after batch of fudge and gives it out to family an friends, takes it to work, etc.  I think she completed batch 12 last night.  Folks have been known to hide it from their spouses.
I'm thinking that may just be happening as we speak somewhere in SEGA!!! ;D

RFT

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 07, 2011, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: viper125 on December 07, 2011, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: RFT on December 06, 2011, 09:59:56 PM
Wow. Great gifts everyone.   20$ sure goes a long ways in different parts of the world😉😉😉😉
Kidding around fella's.   This forum is full of good generous people and I am glad I found you all. 

Merry christmas.

Well the way I understand it. Is its more a minimum than max. But either way you are right. Great site and lots of generous people. Merry Christmas all. I'm looking forward to spending this year smoking with you all!

Yes I should of realized that was the min rather then max.... I had extra stuff to send too... Always next year. 8)

I also forgot the note inside the box..  Gus you are not alone on that one.

We have this little bit of confusion every year. The reason we set a $25 limit is we wanted a basic guideline for folks to follow. Figuring a $25 gift and most everyone uses a $10.95 USPS flat rate shipper. You as the sender could expect a $25 gift for the $25 gift you sent out.

However that usually only applies the first year you are involved with this whole ordeal. The next years you start gathering and hoarding stuff in January just waiting to send it out 20 minutes after I send you the name in late November. I hope this all makes sense.

Makes perfect sense  10.

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

DADAKOTA

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 07, 2011, 05:38:22 PM
Quote from: DADAKOTA on December 07, 2011, 05:35:34 PM

I'm thinking that may just be happening as we speak somewhere in SEGA!!! ;D

If Nepas has a sweet tooth, We were in Atlanta last summer and headed north toward North Carolina.  Just north of Atlanta on the east side of the road was a family run farmers market.  The place was great.  They also had home made ice cream and fresh Apple Fritters.  The fritters may have been the best dessert item that I have ever eaten in my life.  Good spot for Team Nepas to go.

Shasta bob

Quote from: MidKnightRider on December 05, 2011, 04:18:16 PM
Got my box today.
Thanks Shasta Bob.
Here are 2 quick pictures I got before the battries went in the cam.

Got called back into work.
Here are the rest of the pictures:

Glad you liked the gift sorry i wasn't able to respond earlyer but time out of town was needed. Happy Hollidays.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner